Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

CKN

Just finished the game about five minutes ago, and despite some hair-ripping moments of frustration I have to say the end boss was fantastic. Really, really cool, although anything would be after ACs >_>

The 'spanish' you fight was a bit bizarre, and the amount of hits the enemy can take is ridiculous, but it was still very fun. Best PS3 game I've played thus far (Y)

• Like 1

Just finished the game about five minutes ago, and despite some hair-ripping moments of frustration I have to say the end boss was fantastic. Really, really cool, although anything would be after ACs >_>

The 'spanish' you fight was a bit bizarre, and the amount of hits the enemy can take is ridiculous, but it was still very fun. Best PS3 game I've played thus far (Y)

Well played Kaney.

I WILL be coming to you when I need help :shifty:

Ugh. This game, along with Metal Gear Solid 4, was one of the reasons I hesitated to buy an Xbox 360 at first, since both games are PS3-exclusive and seem to be turning into something awesome. I eventually did buy the Box though and secretly hoped that this game would suck, but apparently it doesn't and now it's all gone to hell :shifty:

Just in case anybody wonders, I prefer "adventure" type action games to them massive FPS games where the 360 apparently it at it's best.

Yeah, I think Uncharted is great, and is definitely one of my favourite games for PS3 up until now. The only thing that does let it down is the fact that when doing the missions, you have a certain path to follow and that's it ...you can't go elsewhere and roam. In that way, it's similar to Kane & Lynch.

But still, the missions are fun to play and the puzzles are a good test. It's better than it just being a case of "kill the enemy, get the treasure".

• Like 1

Not even close. 22 chapters in all, I think.

Wow. It's not as short as people have made out then.

I bought it the day it came out and have been doing it bit-by-bit because of how quick people said it was. Because of that, it's probably felt longer. Oh well.

And how great was the river rapids (don't know the name, and this is the best way I can describe it) mission? It wasn't all that difficult, but having to keep X pressed most of the time to avoid being taken down stream was pretty good.

• Like 1

I despised that fucking jet ski. You have to stop the thing to shoot, but the current constantly moves you, so by the time you've gotten an aim on the bad guy, the river pushes you back causing you to miss. And by this point, said bad guy has procured a fucking grenade launcher that kills you in one shot.

The jeep chase was fun though >_>

• Like 1

I despised that fucking jet ski. You have to stop the thing to shoot, but the current constantly moves you, so by the time you've gotten an aim on the bad guy, the river pushes you back causing you to miss. And by this point, said bad guy has procured a fucking grenade launcher that kills you in one shot.

The jeep chase was fun though >_>

Haha - I was surprisingly calm. I found if you kept close to the rocks, you weren't pushed back so much. I only died two or three times during it.

And is that jeep chase to come, or the one that happened earlier in the game when Elena is driving?

• Like 1

The one earlier.

Hah, you've a fun time ahead of you, but I won't spoil it further. Fucking nazis :shifty:

Lol. Just as long as there's not too many pricks with lasers left, I'll be happy :shifty: *Yeah, wishful thinking*

I've found them surprisingly easy, but I know if there's more than two of them I'm in trouble. If I shoot one, I can roll up to the other and beat the shit out of him.

• Like 1

Beat the final boss. That WAS a good finish and nicely cheesily cinematic - cool.

Didn't pick up enough points to start enjoying new outfits etc so will have to run through it again at some point no doubt...

Dunno how I got the 50 kills without dying stat though - mighta been when I was in the generator room with the Spaniards.

• Like 1

Beat the final boss. That WAS a good finish and nicely cheesily cinematic - cool.

Didn't pick up enough points to start enjoying new outfits etc so will have to run through it again at some point no doubt...

Dunno how I got the 50 kills without dying stat though - mighta been when I was in the generator room with the Spaniards.

I got that medal round about the same area, and it unlocked the naughty dog outfit for me. I change into it, game freezes up. Restart and I end up dying before killing the 50th baddie >_

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's definitely in the top handful of games I've got for PS3. Probably if I had to rank 'em it'd be:

Assassin's Creed

Call Of Duty 4

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Pro Evo 08

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Heavenly Sword

Warhawk

Singstar

Virtua Tennis (got it for a tenner)

I must admit as well, I'm very pleased with every one of those games. In fact from Heavenly Sword up I'd mark 'em off as "Excellent".

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just finally beat it after having it languish in its case after buying it not too long ago. Damn this game was immense. Absolutely wonderful.

The cinematic quality of it beats almost any game I have played in ages barring the Metal Gears. What an awesome experience. The length was perfect, with tonnes of reasons to replay it. Lots of unlockables I'm going back for to get and try out, plenty of behind the scenes stuff.

I actually don't really have any complaints with it, except for some slightly annoying puzzles and some of the enemies are cheap bastards. But everything comes together so damn well. And the game has excellent sound all around; effects, voices and music are all great. And the graphics are superb.

This is the game to own on the PS3 as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely splendid.

Naughty Dog's struck gold with it.

And thankfully a sequel is on its way. Woooo.

I just finally beat it after having it languish in its case after buying it not too long ago. Damn this game was immense. Absolutely wonderful.

The cinematic quality of it beats almost any game I have played in ages barring the Metal Gears. What an awesome experience. The length was perfect, with tonnes of reasons to replay it. Lots of unlockables I'm going back for to get and try out, plenty of behind the scenes stuff.

I actually don't really have any complaints with it, except for some slightly annoying puzzles and some of the enemies are cheap bastards. But everything comes together so damn well. And the game has excellent sound all around; effects, voices and music are all great. And the graphics are superb.

This is the game to own on the PS3 as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely splendid.

Naughty Dog's struck gold with it.

And thankfully a sequel is on its way. Woooo.

You got any more superlatives to throw out there? <_>

But, I agree 100% nonetheless. One of the best games I've finished on PS3 so far.