I gotz a Wii quweschtion, yes thats what i got!

Herr Matzat

Right now i don´t have money or time to get and play one but intrest is growing constantly.

I got a couple of questions about multiplayer in my house (without the internet, friends, real people, right besides me!)

• OK, you needa a Wii Remote for each player, no matter what, right? So that’s 3 times 40 Euro for a classic 4 player come together, right? (is there a 4 player limit? or is it more, less?)

• Do you NEED the nunchuck for some games, or do we get away without another 3 x 20€ for four player fun?

• Is there multiplayer in the classic games? This would mean another 4 times 20€ again right?

This would ad up the pure hardware coast in the long run to 510€… I just realised this and found it pretty hefty. Or did i get something wrong, are there cheaper ways for me to get more players on one console (i don´t know any "owner")

And another question, are classic games playable online? No Mercy, Secret of Mana ect.?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

While on games like Wii Bowling and Wii Golf you can get away with one Wiimote in total, a lot of games require a Wiimote and nunchuck for each player. With the Wiimote at £30 and the nunchuck at £15 this places one control system for a player at £45 compared to £33 for the 360 and £35 for the PS3.

Also to make the control systems rechargable in their wirelessness you need to add £15 to the 360 for the play and charge kit. You need to add £5 for the UWB wire to connect the PS3 controller to the console and you need to add around £15 for one of the numerous Wii controller recharging systems - however this recharges TWO controllers so if you're looking at wanting to buy an extra controller and recharge them both at the same time you're looking at the following costs (though remember with the 360 and PS3 you can share the same wire for all your pads if you desire...

360:

Extra pad: £33

2 x Play and Charge Kit: £30

Total: £63.

WII:

Extra controllers: £45

Standard Recharger: £15

Total: £60

PS3:

Extra pad: £35

2 x USB Leads: £10

Total: £45

That's going on Gamestation stock and prices....

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Yeah, you can use a battery charger for AAs with it. The Wiimote sucks batteries dry, so we bought a charger just for it.

I've personally found that any multi-player game of worth doesn't use the nunchuck, but I'm sure games that will come out will likely begin requiring them.

That's very true. I think the more multiplayer games they can release that just needs the Wiimote, the better. (Y)