Rocky

Liam

Best Rocky Film?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Best Rocky is?

• Balboa

They all are great, aside from 5. But as many have said, 3 is my favorite. The workout scenes in 3 just makes you want to get up and pump some major iron, moreso than the other ones. When I watch it, I just feel like throwing someone through the fucking window! Balboa was surprisingly good...But he should've gotten some from that chick!

I just watched Rocky III. I never realised the homosexual undertones. Apollo constantly asking Rocky for a "favour". Rocky and Apollo saying they were curious about what each other could do. The training scene where it zooms in on their thighs. The two of them jumping happily about waist deep in water, then hugging.

Wow.

Anyway, great film :)

Rocky I is the best of the bunch, with Rocky III coming second, the rest are all on fairly equal footing, except V, which is horrible.

Is there something written into Sylvester Stallone's film contracts that any series has to, at some point, devolve into patriotic drivel? By which I mean both Rambo and Rocky did it :shifty: although I was half-expecting the next Rambo film to consist largely of Sly turning up in Afghanistan to say "God, you guys, I turn my back for five minutes..."

If you play the fight music that they had in Rocky II and III over the fight in Rocky IV, it makes it much more badass. That's one of the reasons why the opening scene of Rocky V appeals to me, with the rehash of Rocky/Drago.