Death Cab For Cutie

METALMAN

Should I be surprised that there are so many Death Cab fans here? Also, seemingly fans who didn't get into them through the OC? Awesome.

Anyways, I have loved Death Cab since a friend introduced me to The Photo Album, one of my top 5 favourite bands ever. And YI is correct, "I Will Possess Your Heart" is great, no doubt there'll be better on the album, but it's a very promising start.

Roll on May :)

Yeah, even in real life, I'm surprised at the number of Death Cab For Cutie fans I know, none of whom (besides one) getting into them through the OC. It's even more surprising as they've never reached anywhere near the 'popularity' they have in America.

I got into them, circa "Transatlanticism" when they were rumoured to be support for Blink 182's last UK tour. I started listening to them and found them 'dull', but I believe it had more to do with them not being what I was expecting it to be, supporting Blink and all. And that was very much during the time where most/basically all of what I'd listen to was seemingly punk-rock and prog-rock, with a smidge of MTV indie thrown in. Turned out, Sugarcult ended up supporting Blink, and were fucking awesome......

Then a few months/weeks, whatever, later, "Lightness" came on random and I fell in love with it, and started playing "Transatlanticism" religiously. Got hold of the other stuff, and realised "Plans" was just about to drop. Got "Plans" when it leaked. Saw them the Easter the next year when they toured, and strangely found it was incredibly EASY to find people to go with me, which is generally a big problem for the gigs I want to see. :shifty: But now they're my...3rd/4th favourite band...toss up between Death Cab/The Weakerthans...although I think Death Cab would probably take it.

So, I guess I was late 'jumping on the bandwagon', but whatever. I was also late jumping on The OC bandwagon too. :shifty: I suck at bandwagons.

Oh, and according to i-tunes the cover is;

NarrowStairs.png

Disgusting. :shifty:

Edited by YI

We did shots and played pool during about the last 20 minutes of John Vanderslice's set and when Death Cab set up....was awesome...then my mate realised he had to drive home...brilliance. :shifty: The start of his set was good, but my mates weren't really digging...signed CD though :shifty:

There's dispute as to what the real cover is on wikipedia though, one guy keeps editing that cover into the article and the other cover - the one that's supposedly official - is this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t...0px-Stairs1.jpg

I hope it is the iTunes one, it's kinda cool in a semi-abstract way.

Re: The new song/single. Bad choice for a single. Really good song though. I was kinda 'meh' on them before, as the only songs I actually like are 'Marching Bands...' and 'I Will Follow...'. However, there's something kinda cool about the new track which makes me want to hear the whole album.