Free Xbox Live Arcade Game?

BleedMe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7171355.stm

I just read this, i'm assuming it won't happen for a while, but anything know anything about it? I'm almost defiantly gonna get Bomberman if true, because i've been wanting it for a while but always ended up spending my credits on something else.

Bugger, should have put this in the super large Xbox thread that was right in front of me. Apologies.

Edited by BleedMe

You bastard, I was just gonna post this.

I'm not sure it'll just be any game we want. I can see it being maybe one game made availible for free, which kinda defeats the purpose of it since some people might already have it and thus it won't be much consolation. Could just release an upcoming title for free but I dunno if a developer would want that. That or contact MS for a code for a game up to a certain amount of points, probably 800.

Apperently, people who got the "2 free arcade games if you've been with xbox live arcade for 2 years or more" deal, got certain games forced upon them, so it may not be anything to get excited about after all. Hopefully, they'll just give each member a certain amount of points though.

I say kudos to Microsoft for doing this.

It takes a lot admit that the world's biggest online gaming service had some difficulties, and it takes even more to actually try and right the wrong by doing something like this. Every "problem" I've had with Microsoft they've seem to be right there to solve it either by reimbursing me for the product or service, or at least fixing it completely.

Glad to see the pattern hasn't ended.