One Tree Hill, Season Five

IDOL

One Tree Hill, Season Five

Me and Forky can't be the only ones, right?

I haven't really seen much of any mention on One Tree Hill here at EWB, but watching every season of the show since the first I've become a bit of an addict. My girlfriend suckered me into it, and I've bought here every season on DVD since. Well anyway, last season the boys and girls of Tree Hill High graduated and ventured off into the world with their dreams an ambitions.

In between when the season ended and when this new one began, the writer announced that Season five would skip the college years (since so many shows have flopped, Saved by the Bell anyone) and pick up four years after season four, with all of the cast out of college. Well the big two hour season premier was tonight, and here's just a few of my thoughts.

- Not really liking Brooke being the CEO of the 'Multi-Million Dollar" corporation at twenty one, it seems way overboard. No college experience in business, and no formidable fashion training and yet she makes it "Huge" in New York. Okay, I guess I can forgive that since we do get the fair trade ins of Peyton failing in LA, Lucas getting only some success as an author, and Nathan's dreams being crushed.

- Damn does Hailey look HOT with dark hair or what?

- Ugh... looks like this season is going to be another rehash of Lucas/Peyton are they gonna get together, or aren't they... why oh why?

- Nathan has replaced Mouth in the whiney little bitch department, get up out of the wheelchair and walk GODDAMNIT!!!

- Karen goes "Off to Ireland" and just closes up the coffee shop that she busted her ass to keep afloat the last four years? Okay? And who the fuck is running Tric.

- I hope we get some Deb appearances, she's damn hot. Though it looks like the parents are all but forgotten already.

- That kid they got playing Jamie actually does a pretty good job of acting, kudos to him.

- I wanted to choke Mouth's boss just for being a cunt.

- All in all I didn't think the premier was a let down, it's a bit different than the seasons before it but there are still plenty of reasons to watch, includy Bethany Joy Galeotti :wub:

Edited by IDOL

It's all about Brooke. :wub: I've been on a kick of this at the minute. I'm only like halfway through season two...christ that rather tanned (ferdinand) guy is a fucking cuntrag.

Anyways, seeing as this is set like in the future, should I check this out, or wait until I've gone through all the other seasons first?

And seriously...I never really get overly into this things...but for like the first time ever I'm actually pulling for a relationship in a sodding team drama. Fuck Peyton...Brookas is what you want. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Even in the midst of a writers strike that makes OTH one of the few shows on television with plenty of new episodes banked, it's still pretty much awful. This used to be one of my favorite guilty pleasures; now it's just guilty. But the kid is awesome though, I'll give it that. I'll keep watching for the kid, but let's not fool ourselves if there weren't a strike I'd have dropped it.

• 4 weeks later...

How fucking shit is this, these days? It's basically become a parody of itself, and not in a good 'inside joke' way.

Seriously. Once Season 4 had gotten around it became a total fucking drag, post the actual basketball shit...it turned to absolute fucking garbage. They could have wrapped up 4 on the basketball game...Brooke/Peyton getting together, with Brooke giving them her 'blessing'...patching things up with Peyton. Yes...the baby's wouldn't have been born...but fuck...it was so fucking shit after that...and there was like 12 episodes after that one.

And this series...CHRIST!!! It's fucking awful. There's literally 4 things good about it;

1) Jamie - that kid is so fucking cute, he's awesome.

2) General Hotness - see Sophia Bush...fucking FIIIT!

3) Skills - they seem to be phazing him out, he's amazing. Him and the kid rule. "You told Jamie, Dan went to prison because he didn't tidy his room?"....amazing. Skills > *. From taking the photo of him in bed with Brooke...everything, it's amazing.

4) The soundtrack - I've never heard a show abuse The Get Up Kids/The New Amsterdams as much as One Tree Hill. It's awesome. "Hughes" making it onto the last episode ("Love is a long shot/Love is a bird in hand"...the one analog recorded).

But yeah, it's the suck. Mouth's hair literally frightens me. The thing with his boss is an interesting idea, but it's carried out shittily.

Peyton/Lucas...for fucks sake...fuck off. I like his new bird...although she sounds suspiciously Eastern European at times.

Brooke and her mother....it's gotten old already...christ.

Haley/Nathan/Nanny....eugh...it's shite. Seriously. Why do we need another love triangle storyline? Two at the same time is too fucking much. Both major storylines of the ENTIRE series is going to be that. Personally I'd have pulled out Nathan's rehab a bit more, would have made a much more interesting storyline.

And the nigger and the musician...fucking ewwwwwww. Talk about a parody of yourself. Overwhelmed, sweet, quiet girl, trying to be a musician...hang on, that's Haley. Cocky, massive cunt...hang on it's Nathan...fuck off.

I can call it now how it ends. Mouth breaks up with his boss, ends up with Brooke's assistant. Lucas/Peyton get together. Linzie drops him...Brooke says she'll publish his next book, or something equally as retarded. Nathan and Haley stay together (FUCKING DUH!), the nanny turns psycho, kidnaps Jamie or something, leading to a freshly released from prison Dan becoming the hero, saving his grandson and 'redeeming' himself. The fucking end. Oh wait. The fucking end...oh yeah, game on the river court. The fucking end.

What a bunch of shit.

Edited by YI

Haha, loved your call of this season. I feel the same way on alot of the points, Brooke's over the top richness at 22/23? is really over the top and drawn out sometimes, like financing Peyton's record company and just walking in and buying a house. I dunno, but I can stomach it. What I didn't like however was turning the nanny into a fucking seducing slut like that, and it totally wasn't needed. As you said, we've gotten enough of that with Peyton/Lucas/Lindsay. I just rolled my eyes when the nanny was putting Nathan's pants on and seducing him, seemed so out of place and unnecessary. One thing else I've noticed about this season is that there are characters so fucking annoying that I want to change the channel when I see them. Brooke's mom, and Mouth's boss for instance. I dunno, I still like the show but it seems so over the top sometimes that it seems to have lost touch of the greatness it was in the first two seasons.

Edited by IDOL

I still fucking love Season 3...purely for the incredibly random, makes no fucking sense Pete Wentz cameo.

And for the episode after Brooke/Lucas get back together, when Brooke has that little 'spaz fit' on the bed...that was too fucking cute. If I got that on repeat, I swear I could wank to it until I died of exhaustion/ran out of spunk.

Edited by YI

• 1 month later...

Alright, I'm digging this son of a bitch back up because I've just caught up with the show again after missing it for like a month and a half. I've got to say that while I find this season weaker than the rest, I do quite enjoy a lot of it. Carrie reminds me too much of Pyscho Derek, except instead of stalking Peyton, she's stalking an entire family. Which brings me to Haley who is being a whiny bitch this season, which makes no sense, especially her lines about trying to change Nathan. That annoyed me. Jaime is a cute kid and some of the ways he delivers his lines are awesome. The 100th episode when Dan walks into the church and all eyes go wide and every mouth drops is awesome, even when you know it's going to happen. Tim and Bevin being married and naming their kid Nathan was one of those moments that made me laugh. Overall I like this season, even if it does have a few bad moments, they're not enough to really ebb my enjoyment