Need advice regarding broken consoles...

RPS

Ok, I'm not a big gamer, but I've played video games enough. So I need advice. My situation is that. Got a Wii for Christmas and I opened it up. Needless to say, the console was broken. It wasn't reading the discs half of the time. We phoned, had a tough time dealing with them, they sent me a refurbished one and gave us an extra two years on the warranty, but I didn't get it until today. I open it up, start to play the and the console makes really loud sounds. In the one day it has been open, it hasn't loaded the game I wanted to play three times and its frozen up two other times.

I am getting quite annoyed. I dealt with Nintendo once before and it was frustrating. I don't want to phone them again and deal with the same issues and wait ONCE AGAIN to receive my Wii. Like, this is fucking ridiclous. I'm not asking for hte moon. The loud sounds I can deal with. What I can't deal with is the game not working. Its ridiclous.

So,

a) what should I do?

b) Is there any alternatives besides going through Nintendo.

c) What are the chances that this will get progressively worse?

I just want to play my Wii. Really, I'd phone Nintendo right now, but I'm 99.9% sure I'd chew whoever answered a new asshole, I'm a little pissed off.

Edited by PunkRockPete