The Anime Thread

Ruki

So then.

One of my resolutions has been to knock out my unwatched folder. Here's what I got:

A Certain Scientific Railgun

Angel Beats

Another

Arcana Famiglia

Bodacious Space Pirates

Btoom!

Cromartie High School

Eyeshield 21

Guilty Crown

Hayate the Combat Butler

Hidamori Sketch

Ikkitousen (:shifty)

Kara no Kyoukai

Kiss x Sis

K-On!

Lovely Complex

Major

Mobile Suit Gundam 0079

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Princess Lover

Trigun

Robotics;Notes

Sengoku Collection

Shakugan No Shana

So, I can't Play H

Special A

Working!!

Any ideas where to start? And what to drop? :shifty:

Robotics;Note was meh (but it had so much potential). As was Cromartie High School. Bodacious Space Pirates started off well enough, but I got bored. Btoom! was pretty cool, probably the closest we'll get to a Battle Royale anime.

I'd start with NGE or Trigun.

Out of those, from the ones I saw; I only couldn't finish So, I Can't Play H, dropped it around 4-5 episodes in, I think, and Ikkitousen, I think I only managed to watch a couple of episodes. From the rest of the list, I watched:

Railgun

Angel Beats

Another

Btooom!

Guilty Crown

Kara no Kyoukai

Evangelion

Trigun

Working

I liked all of those, even loved quite a few. My advice is to save the best for last, so I'd say save Evangelion and Kara no Kyoukai for last. In my personal case, I'd also like to watch the shows in a funny-serious-funny-serious pattern, so I'd probably watch something along the lines of:

Trigun - Btooom! - Railgun - Another - Angel Beats - Guilty Crown - Working - Evangelion/Kara no Kyoukai

Or something along these lines. Of course many of the shows are serious but also feature comedy, so... Yeah. Can't talk about the rest of the shows on the list, though.

I'm starting with NGE; getting a higher quality download right now, since mine has wonky audio, and there are some scenes (like Asuka's attempts at German <_< ) which are just awful with the dub.

Princess Lover....probably not one I'm going to watch, largely due to it being downloaded in error. Keep in mind, I've watched a few episodes of some of these, but for whatever reason, I just didn't go through with them. I know damshow likes Hidamori Sketch, so...yeah. Ikkitousen is another one I'm not sure on, since on one hand it's a modern retelling of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but on the other hand...it's pure fanservice, and while I don't mind that, it's just...yeah.

I don't mind fanservice, it's just that if there is to be fanservice, let it be accompanied by a good story as well. Ikkitousen really didn't grab my attention in that department. I also remember once trying to watch Queen's Blade and giving up after about half an episode, or Seikon no Qwaser and giving up fairly soon as well. Pure fanservice is just too much.

I'm starting with NGE; getting a higher quality download right now, since mine has wonky audio, and there are some scenes (like Asuka's attempts at German <_< ) which are just awful with the dub.

Princess Lover....probably not one I'm going to watch, largely due to it being downloaded in error. Keep in mind, I've watched a few episodes of some of these, but for whatever reason, I just didn't go through with them. I know damshow likes Hidamori Sketch, so...yeah. Ikkitousen is another one I'm not sure on, since on one hand it's a modern retelling of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but on the other hand...it's pure fanservice, and while I don't mind that, it's just...yeah.

I've heard most people say her German in the Japanese version of the show is actually worse sounding.

Finished up NGE. The last couple episodes would have been fantastic if I was stoned while I watched it.

Did you watch "End of Evangelion"?