Jonathan De Guzman is a bastard and Holland is full of bastards too

Guest Ringmaster

Of course they would become something resembling what they now are, would Hargreaves be at Man Utd though? Probably not. But on the whole they still would have developed into fine players for the Canadian national team.

No. If I'm born in Australia to a Croatian and Australian parent. I'm just as much Croatian as I am Australia and should have just as much right to choose Croatia over Australia.

I have to disagree again. I think I should have equal opportunity to choose whether I want to play for the country of birth and raising as my parents. If I was born in England to parents fleeing Sierra Leone or whatever, I'd still like to think I could have the opportunity to represent Sierra Leone should I want to as opposed to England.

I'm not saying the birthplace and residence doesn't matter, but to dismiss the nationality of your parents is ludacris.

I'm not saying the birthplace and residence doesn't matter, but to dismiss the nationality of your parents is ludacris.
Edited by Merry ChrisWalkerBushmas

Of course they would become something resembling what they now are, would Hargreaves be at Man Utd though? Probably not. But on the whole they still would have developed into fine players for the Canadian national team.

Do you honestly believe that if Jono had not been cutting his teeth at Feyenoord all these years but instead slumming it with the Toronto Junior Lynx he'd really be where he is now? Ditto for Hargreaves in Germany. So these guy are supposed to go elsewhere, get the development that makes them what they are and then come back to the country that couldn't get them that far as players? Canadian players and Canadian fans deserve better. If you want to focus blame, focus blame on the morons at the CSA who've put us in this situation.

Do you honestly believe that if Jono had not been cutting his teeth at Feyenoord all these years but instead slumming it with the Toronto Junior Lynx he'd really be where he is now? Ditto for Hargreaves in Germany. So these guy are supposed to go elsewhere, get the development that makes them what they are and then come back to the country that couldn't get them that far as players? Canadian players and Canadian fans deserve better. If you want to focus blame, focus blame on the morons at the CSA who've put us in this situation.

And you base that on... what, exactly? He's lived from 12 to 20 in another country. Those years are much more formative than the ones he lived in Canada for. It's not only acceptable a theory, but logical to assume that he probably developed a connection to this new country.

• 4 weeks later...

Slight update on this: Jonah de Guzman has been called up for the Dutch squad pre-selection, not for certain that he is gonna make the main squad but chances are big that will happen.

Also in an interview with a newspaper de Guzman said that while Canadian football is definitely on it's way up he doesn't want to end up like Litmanen or Giggs and never be able to play a world cup or european cup. (i have a source for that but it's in Dutch, for Dutchies wh owanna read just searh the AD site)

Don't shoot the messenger!

I was more inclined to agree with GoodAllahWhatATerrorist (Or whatever name he usually goes by, damn name changes :shifty: ) until this:

Also in an interview with a newspaper de Guzman said that while Canadian football is definitely on it's way up he doesn't want to end up like Litmanen or Giggs and never be able to play a world cup or european cup.

Canadas national team. I only heard of Farran and Hutchinson (and the latter is OVER overrated)

Being in Denmark I'm not surprised. You can't name any players on my national team, I can only name Lasse Qvist.