Sonic

Benji

Weren't those novels 'game books', like ones where it gives you a choice and says "Go to 48" etc.? Or were those some other ones?

In either case, I definitely recall borrowing them from the library regularly. I've only just now remembered Sonic being turned into a toaster. :lol:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[1] Sonic

[2] Knuckles

[3] Tails

[4] Amy Rose

[5] Johnny Lightfoot

[6] Porker Lewis

[7] Metal Sonic

[8] Robotnik

[9] Scratch & Grounder (f/Coconuts)

[10] Shortfuse the Cybernik

Oh yeah... Shortfuse. That's geekdom, bitch :shifty:

I think they appeared a few times, I believe Chico made some solo appearances. Man, reading the Wiki there's a few characters I'd totally forgotten, I miss STC, it was (and still is) thoroughly enjoyable for all ages, in fact, I'd give up a lot of my current comics to bring it back <3

The Marxio Brothers were one of my favourite parts of STC, as far as the Sonic character goes, I also loved a single page image of the Streets Of Rage comic which featured the main characters stood on top of their van thing, surrounded by a mob of thugs, all of whom were actual enemies from the game, and it was so beautifully drawn, and I was perpetually baffled by the bizarre abstract nightmare that was the Ecco comic. And the Decap Attack comic is damn near worthy of its own thread.

And good GOD! MONKEY RHYMING SLANG. It all comes back to me now.

As I said, there's a website SOMEWHERE with PDF copies of every issue of STC, I'll try and dig out the address.

Oh, and I never really watched the Sonic cartoons. Saw a few episodes of whatever the one with the two bumbling Badniks was, but I always hated it, and the American equivalent of STC, as to me STC was Sonic canon, and anything that deviated from it pissed me right off. It was like the ultimate companion piece to the games.

Looking through the Wiki article on characters in Sonic The Comic is love <3

Sonic does own Mario.

Fast, cool, blue hedgehog with attitude with a fox for a sidekick who could fly.

versus

Fat, stereotypical Italian plumber who can't colour co-ordinate for shit. Bright red shirt and bright blue overalls? And an enemy that saw you basically looking in the mirror at the first letter. I bet those aren't the only pipes he and Luigi plumb either. <_< (It had to be said, it was too easy)

Sonic 2 was always my favourite, being possibly the first ever game I played. I remember I was like 5 or 6 at the time and my cousin(s) had it, and I used to go over theirs during half-term or whatever. I remember I could do Emerland Hill no problem, but always had trouble on the second level where the toxic water would rise. Playing that and the suprisingly difficult McDonalds tie-in game 'Global Gladiators' over there. Ahh the memories :wub: .

When they didn't play it anymore, and I wanted a Mega Drive for Christmas, I wanted both those games, and my parents bought/got their Mega Drive, which I didn't see the correlation to right away.

Was never really a fan of the Sonic & Knuckles add-on thingy, didn't play it much, and its similar with Sonic 3 too, only played it once I got a big Mega Drive emulator CD back in like 2000. Sonic 3D was a bit dissappointing, but still ok. The first Sonic game on the GBA was great though, except for Amy, that character sucks shit.

Edited by TheModernWay

Clearly, all that Busta Groove rapiddy hip-hopper music has scrambled your head and made you say untrue things :angry:

I don't like Sonic because while the game heeds a fast-paced game play, there are always random things in your way that can hurt you are slow you down, and then we you try to go slow to get past these things the game play is horrible, because it was not made to go as slow as you need to.

You don't like it because the best part of the game, the speed (as well as the agility and reaction times) was there? Or am I reading that wrong?

Clearly, all that Busta Groove rapiddy hip-hopper music has scrambled your head and made you say untrue things :angry:

I don't like Sonic because while the game heeds a fast-paced game play, there are always random things in your way that can hurt you are slow you down, and then we you try to go slow to get past these things the game play is horrible, because it was not made to go as slow as you need to.