Mercury Music Prize Nominations

Jook

I'm with Robster on this one. I don't honestly see what's so good about The Streets. He's not a competent rapper (Or if he is, he doesn't show it) and spends most of his time just talking (Making it sound bad IMO), and when he does sing it seems very forced and often goes slightly out of tune, a semi tone or so, if not more sometimes. Whilst some of the songs may be catchy, he doesn't seem musically very good, or his delivery doesn't seem that way.

And what the hell, has this year been so bad? It's the BLAND AWARDS 2004 (Excluding The Zutons).

I can't get into Belle & Sebastian, I just don't rate them that highly

Snow Patrol are so bland and generic. They are simply a rock band which cater for those who aren't rock fans. Saying that I do love Spitting Games, but that's only because of the "Ooooooo" bits ¬_¬

I'm going to say something at the risk of my own health (I could well be beaten up) I don't dislike Keane. Of course, I don't like them, I don't go out of my way to listen to them, but if i'm listening to the radio or music videos on TV, I don't turn it off if they come on (Which I do for Snow Patrol and The Streets). They're not the greatest band ever, in fact they are truly quite terrible, and their style is pretty much what our generation refer to as pop. But I find their songs relaxing, and are easy listening, it's the kind of thing that can play and not think about. But saying that, they shouldn't win this.

The rest is eugh, other than The Zutons and Franz Ferdinand. Franz whilst often seeming boring, there are little things which you can pick up which make them seem a hell of a lot better, just little chords etc. which you wouldn't normally here in a song. And The Zutons, are just amazing, plus they aren't boring as hell.

When did Muse's album come out? I'm sure it's been a good long time, might just be me though? What about FFAF's debut album, how longs that been out? Because if that falls into the right criteria, that deserved a nomination.

Guest Small Blue

For me, definately FF or B&S, as they are the two albums I enjoyed. You know what, I am going to get some generic beats that always appear in Streets songs and just read the Bible over them.

It seems a lot of albums have been overlooked here, FFAF's, Absolution are two albums I really got into and really enjoyed, and I know both had incredible popularity. It just seems these are.....crap, if I had to pick one I'd pick FF, since they're the only band there I would even consider listening to.

And my comments on the Streets were kinda trollish, for that I apoligize, but I seriously cannot see what talent they have. At all.