Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a shrine, in the north... Az-something. It said to bring glowdust there at dusk/dawn to summon something. What does this all do, and is it worth tracking down glowdust to use it, or should I just move on.

Also, silenced arrows are awesome, really brings those punkass necromancers and ancient imps down a notch.

That would be Azura's shrine. Bringing glowdust triggers the quest. You need to go to a vampire den (it'll say which one), and kill 5 of them. Once you've done that, you'll get the Azura's Star item. It's a re-usable Soul Gem. It counts as a regular one, not a Black Soul Gem, so you may want to keep that in mind.

It's awesome when combined with a weapon that has a Soul Trap enchantment on it. Kill something, re-charge, R&R

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help with this section? I'm inside an Oblivion Gate, killed pretty much everything walking but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get up the tower. There are a number of other towers round the main one (Hurricane, Tornado, Landslide, Earthquake, Eruption and Tsunami) most of which had gate switches in them, but the walkways from these all join the main tower a level too low. This is the second gate I've had with this setup and its really irritating since this time its stopping me getting the main quest done. <_< Any help gratefully recieved!

I remember that one....it was a pain in the ass. And honestly? I have no idea how I did it. Random running around and pressing switches. I played the thief character, I couldn't fight Daedra, so I ran everywhere....

• 6 months later...
Guest thekotesman

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but does anybody else still play this game?

I just finished the Thieves' Guild quests. I am a elven 'adventurer' born under the sign of the Thief. I am mainly a marksman using light armor, but I like using daggers and short swords too. I was always Nords or Redguards in the past, but I got sick of the warrior category. I have completed the Shivering Isles expansion before, but not in my new game. I have yet to beat the main quest or the Knights of the Nine expansion.

I am so psyched to get the Thieves' Guild to myself now that I am the Gray Fox. The last quest to steal an Elder Scroll was fabulous, albeit hard.
Edited by thekotesman

Shivering Isles just got a price cut on XBLM, so now's a good time to resurrect the thread.

Regarding your spoiler:

That was indeed an awesome moment. One of the highlights of the game for me. I can't remember the end of the Fighter's Guild, but I enjoyed the end of the Mages' Guild as well, and the storyline ending was superb.

Guest thekotesman

Don't spoil those for me..

.. even if I read the spoiler!

I plan on doing the two other Guilds next, along with the Arena, and the doing then three main quests.

Oh yes, I have a plan. :lol:

Edited by thekotesman

Got the game just before I went to Europe and getting back into it now. I'm a Warrior born under the sign of the Knight or whatever, as I don't believe in all that magic crap. Though this did make it impossible killing this ghost in one of the earlier dungeons >_>