Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game adjusts itself to your level, so it will never get harder as you go on. As you get equipment that improves you beyond your skills it actually only gets easier.

IIRC, It's the Mage's Guild of Bravil. If you haven't got enough Illusion skill to use it, make a "training spell" at the University. Something like Light for 1 second, 1 foot. Basically, a spell to spam and increase your skill...

EDIT: Yep, Bravil Mage's Guild basement around 7am. Talk to Ita Reinus. Chameleon is also a Journeyman level spell...

Edited by Kryptonite3d

I remember the Dark Brotherhood being incredibly fun when I played (before my profile got corrupted) so I'm waiting til later to do that one again. I've been told the Mages Guild gives you the most useful reward though for completing that quest. Any truth to that? What is the reward?

You need to contract Haemophilia from a vampire. Wander around into a few caves, some have vampires in, others goblins, others skeletons. Engage a vampire in a fight and if you get attacked you may get the message on the screen that you've now gotten the diseas (you may also get Helljaw or whatever it's called from wolves which is a pain cos it slows you down).

Now, getting the haemo from vampires isn't a big deal as long as you head back to a church or whatever after the cave to heal up as it will get rid of the disease for you, but if you leave it and have a nice long sleep and wander a bit more, you'll find you've becomea vampire. Be aware though, it can make life in the game trickier, especially with regards to normal folk trusting you and speaking with you.

EDIT: I left the Shivering Isles as there's such a distance to slog across to get to the city that I couldn't be bothered yet. Now the guard at the gateway between SI and Cyrodil doesn't trust me >_<

Anyway I helped out the ghostly watchman and got to improve my armoury stuff along the way so another advance on that and I can fix enchanted armour which'll be useful for my shield, breastplate and some weaponry :pervert:

Back in Bravil now and I hate the place. Such a dosshole unlike the beatiful Bruma.

Also, is it worth saving up for a house? Can you store stuff there etc?

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Thanks for the message Mattman, I'll try working on completing that (is that the longest sidequest? Because I remember you had to do things at the Mages Guild of each city, and while teleporting is quicker you sometimes miss out on stuff that's not on the map in the beginning). I'll probably play for a few hours today to advance some more.

Right next to Armand if your doing thieves guild quests aswell.

You can also pay to decorate your house but it isn't necessary. I think it was about 2800 for everything (apart from the house) but it depends how much you can negotiate it down to.

EDIT: I don't know if its the longest since I haven't completed it. A friend told me. I'm recovering from a mages guild quest at the moment where I got kicked out while I had a guy following me. Hes still following, useful in fights but I can't steal or murder. When I get all the ingredients to get back in I'll finish the quest.

Edited by Mattman