Sigur Ros

Tarheels.

I just got into the band and I'm looking for which album is the best in your eyes. I have Hauf/Heim or whatever last years album was called and am aware that it's primarily unreleased stuff and now I want to hear more of Sigur Ros. So which albums would you guys recommend checking out?

The DVD is excellent by the way, very chilled out, very interesting and entertaining. Worth getting a hold of....

As far as albums go, the big three are of course ( ), Ágætis Byrjun and Takk.

Now, I always think that I SHOULD say either ( ) or Ágætis Byrjun as my favourite (and both are sensational works, probably both getting into my top 10 or 15 albums) BUT I can't be clever enough to say it as Takk, as cliche as I now sound, is their strongest, most complete and most beautiful album. It's track after track after track of magnificence. Every time I think "Ok, now we're heading into filler territory until the end of the album" another beautiful piece appears, then another, then another. It's the most complete album from start to finish.

Having said that, a self-made "Best Of" (which is dangerous as their albums are all complete pieces of art left as they are) would include PLENTY of ( ) and Ágætis Byrjun.

All three albums get plenty of play at work, along with Hauf/Heima.

Takk blows the competition away, as far as I'm concerned. It's the only album I've possibly ever heard that really justifies the 'epic' tag from start to finish. It's an aural journey.

After that, go for Agaetis, and then ( ). To be fair, I'd get all three, but Takk is without a doubt the best.