Xbox Live Help

XXXCMPunkXXX

Hey guys I need some help with something, my Xbox 360 is set to automcally renew my subscription to xbox live at the beginning of may and I was wanting to know how do I turn off the automatic update because I don't have the cash to pay for the new subscription but in a couple of weeks I plan on buying a year subscription and don't want to waste the 20 bucks on a 3 month subscription and then turn around and spend another 50 for a year subscription

You have to phone them up. I did this a couple of weeks ago with mine, just call their support number, choose the Xbox Live option when given the choices and just tell them you want to cancel your XBL subscription. Should be done within a couple of minutes. This was the UK line, but I would think it's similar in the states.

I think the auto-renew does it for one month at a time rather than 3. It's £4.99 a month, not sure what it is in the US.

Depends which package he bought. If he bought a 3 month one with a credit card, I should imagine it will renew the 3 month one rather than start going month by month.