CD Projekt Launches "Good Old Games"

Reddaye

I actually heard about this a few days ago but saw nothing here about it. Basically CD Projekt (creators of The Witcher) plan to launch their own 'games on demand' service. This isn't a a platform like Steam, but an actual website where users can go and purchase some true PC classics (either for $5.99, or $9.99). These games are DRM free, and have been tweaked to work on Windows XP and Vista without problem. A few of the games confirmed so far include:

- Fallout 1, 2 & Tactics

- Descent 1-3

- Sacrifice

- TOCA Race Driver

- Colin Mcrae Rally 2005

- Freespace 2

- MDK

- Operation Flashpoint

- Kingpin: Life of Crime

So far they've got support from Interplay and Codemasters, and are supposedly in talks with publishers like EA and Lucasarts to get their games on the site too. Right now I guess the service is slated to begin in September.

Good Old Games Official Site

Shacknews Interview

Honestly I think this is great. Hopefully this will introduce a whole new generation to some of these great games. Fallout 1+2 come to mind as two games that any self respecting RPG fan should play at least once. With the atrocity that is Fallout 3 on the horizon the free press will hopefully make fans of that game want to go back and play the prequels that started it all.

Thoughts? Comments? Wish lists?

Fallout is without doubt one of the most overrated games of all time.

I don't agree. If your not a fan of that genre of games, then you won't like it, but even compared to newer games it is still fairly deep and open ended. It is a fun game to play with a great storyline and in a cool setting.