Cheech and Chong to Re-United!

DMN in the House

24pjmz9.jpg

Cheech, Chong fire up comedy tour - Variety

Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong are seizing the moment.

Thirty years after firing up the stoner comedy genre with their first feature, "Up in Smoke," the duo are reuniting for their first comedy tour in more than 25 years.

If the B.O. success of the "Harold and Kumar" pics and the anticipation for Judd Apatow's pot-fueled romp "Pineapple Express" are any indication, pop culture would welcome a fresh dose of Cheech and Chong. And given the strong biz that top comedy tours are harvesting these days, the B.O. potential for such a legendary team is no pipe dream.

Plans for the Live Nation-promoted comedy tour, dubbed "Hey, What's That Smell?," will be unveiled Wednesday at a news conference at West Hollywood's Troubadour, where Cheech and Chong's druggie buddy act first gained traction in the early 1970s. From 1972-85, the pair released nine comedy albums and eight features, all of which were helmed by Chong.

Since they parted ways in the 1980s, Marin has carved out a niche as a character thesp and become a prominent Latino arts advocate. Chong's career has been choppier, hitting a low ebb in 2003 when he was arrested and subsequently served a nine-month prison stint after pleading guilty to a charge of conspiracy to distribute drug paraphernalia through his Nice Dreams-branded water-pipe business.

Not really sure where this should have gone. Stolen from another site. I'm so fucking in. I will pay ANY amount of money to see Cheech and Chong live.

This needs to come to Toronto.

I can't remember which movie it was, but it was the first one I saw and it must have been like 12 years ago.... The scene were Chong (I think) covers the grow op in the pool with a tarp and pretends like he's swimming in it is my favorite part of any movie.

If I could just remember what movie it was from. I have a bunch on VHS, but I haven't had a VCR since 2003-04. I went through a phase in grade 9 and 10 were I was obsessed Cheech and Chong. That one with the pool scene I do not have. I have Up in Smoke, Still Smokin', Next Movie, and one I taped off television that I don't know the name of.

Fuck, I haven't watched those movies in soooo long. I'm so depressed that I have no method to watch. Oh well, the internet is a hell of a tool.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy