Jesus Tittyfucking Christ

YI

As some of you may know, and I know a couple of you like/have heard these guys, I've been pimping a UK based band called "Me Vs Hero" who are in the same kind of pop-punk mould as Four Year Strong/Fall Out Boy etc. Anyway, their guitarist has died, a young lad, who actually posted (albeit not reguarly) on another forum I go to;

To prevent the spreading of rumours, we thought we should say something about this.

As many of you know, our lead guitarist and best friend Alex tragically passed away last night after a fall.

We know no more than that at present so please don't message us asking for details. All we ask is that people respect Alex and his family by giving them some privacy and maybe leaving some kind words in this difficult time.

We miss you bro. You truly were a diamond in the rough.

-MvH

and

Man dies in 50ft horror plunge

A man has died after falling 50ft inside a landmark Preston city centre building.

Lancashire police revealed that the man, who is believed to be in his 20s but has not been named, died after falling three floors inside Centenary Mill, on New Hall Lane, in Preston.

Officers investigating the incident, which happened at 6am on Saturday, have revealed they are not treating it as suspicious.

A police spokesman said: "After reviewing CCTV footage we are not treating this as suspicious."

The case will now be passed on to the Preston coroner's office.

The building, which is close to the city centre, is home to scores of residents and is next to a busy hotel.

Jesus Christ.

Edited by YI

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/50ft-horror-plun...agic.4353497.jp

Police believe the death of a man who fell 50ft inside a landmark Preston city centre building was a tragic accident.

Alex McCulloch, 20, died after falling from the fourth floor of Centenary Mill, on New Hall Lane, in Preston.

It is understood CCTV footage revealed that Alex was on his own at the time of the fall and was seen to climb over the railings before losing his footing.

Det Ins Steve Hobson, of Preston CID, said: "We have no reason to suggest it's anything other than an accident.

"There was no suicide note left and he had not spoken to anyone of suicide. He has climbed over it (the railing) and was on the wrong side for well over a minute. He looked quite secure and was moving around."

But Alex appeared to lose his balance and fell from the landing to the basement floor of the flats.

His body was discovered after a woman heard a thud outside her door at 5.30am on Saturday.

Her shocked 20-year-old flatmate, who did not wish to be named, said: "My friend came in and woke me up and said she'd heard a massive bang and she looked out of the window and the body was right outside our door.

"She phoned an ambulance and they told her to go and check if he had a pulse. He didn't have one.

"There was a lighter close to the body. I could tell by looking at his hands and his legs he was dead. At 6am they covered him up and at about 9am they came and put a big tent over the body.

"I think it will take about a week to hit me. There's no way anybody could've survived that."

A man who has lived in a fourth floor flat for nine months said: "Most residents think it was inevitable that somebody was going to fall because there's no netting. It's been an issue that most of us have raised, especially those with children."

Several police cars, about eight police officers and a scientific support van attended the scene throughout the morning.

The case will now be passed on to the Preston coroner's office.

The building, which is close to the city centre, consists of 203 flats.

Eugh...I hate how people elsewhere are like "he's an idiot", "bet he was drunk, people will never learn"...fuck off, cunts. Makes me feel sick.

I saw them live a few weeks ago, he had amazing stage prescense, and from what's been said he was always the 'life and soul'. That aside, at the end of the day, he was a 20-year old guy (the fact he's younger than me, christ), in a band that's about to blow up (Seriously, they've only been together less than a year, and they are one of the hottest prospects on the UK punk-rock scene), and then he's just...dead.

Me Vs Hero are one of my favourite bands around at the minute, they're basically the UK equivelent of Four Year Strong (minus the facial hair)...their EP is phenomenal.

And whilst I've never met him/spoke to him, etc...other places I post, there's personal friends of his post there, bands who've toured with MvH, and at one place, Alex himself was actually part of the forum. It's a weird thing, as there's just loads of people totally cut up about it, so I guess it's kind of had a bit of a knock on to me.

Selfishly, I'm worried about the future of MvH now...I was planning on seeing them again later in the year. :shifty:

Edited by YI

YI, reckon the band will stay together after this? Especially as, like you said, he seemed the heart and soul.

I have no idea. I hope so, so much potential there. Plus with a sound that really 'in' at the minute. They've got gigs this month, which I have no idea if they'll be happening or not (Seeing as the first one's this week, I doubt it).

In the pub on Friday night, I was actually talking about them with a couple of mates, with me and the guy I saw them with recommending them to people (big Fall Out Boy fans). Then a few hours later, he's dead.

Edited by YI

Hadn't heard of them until you began mentioning them - and though it may be a little late - I intend to check out some of their stuff later.

Horrid for anyone to die, let alone a youngster with a lot of talent who was on the cusp.