Sousa vs MDP!

Sousa

Right, just so I can be the guy who said he laid down the first challenge in the new arena, I am hereby issuing... AN OPEN CHALLENGE!

DIARY BATTLE.

ONE ON ONE.

WWebluecage.jpg

INSIDE THE OLD-SCHOOL BLUE CAGE.

What do you say? The man who has victories by default over FlatDoughnut and TGC is drawing the line. Anyone can step up. I'll do modern-era WWE, modern-era TNA, old-school WCW, old-school WWF... anything but the indies and WWE from 2001 to 2006.

C'mon, I really want to do a complete diary battle. :(

Edited by TheWorld'sStrongestSousa

...well, since no one's going to help, I guess I'll pull a couple from the Rules thread.

Reflecto Rules, WWE Edition:

It's Royal Rumble time for 2009. The show has ended, and we have our Rumble winner. Your challenge is to show the rise of this champion up to Wrestlemania, where they win the World Title of their show. The contendership MUST remain valid during this run.

What you have to book:

Clipped Match: The ending of the Royal Rumble from the "Final Four" to the victory of your winner. (NOTE: The winner MUST be a person on WWE television at some point during the 2006-07 "season".)

Promo: A promo during any point of the "Road to Wrestlemania" where your winner cuts a promo on their brand's champion at the time.

Video: A video to be played at Wrestlemania, detailing the rise of the winner during the Road to Wrestlemania.

Match: The end match between the brand's champion (Mark Henry for ECW, CM Punk for Raw, Triple H for Smackdown) and the Rumble winner, where the Rumble winner wins the title.

Sounds easy, huh? Well, there are three little extras to the rule:

1) The winner of the Royal Rumble MUST choose to stay on the same show that they came into the Rumble on (hence, a Raw guy will challenge for the Raw title, a Smackdown guy challenges for the Smackdown title, an ECW guy challenges for the ECW title.)

2) The winner of the Royal Rumble CANNOT change their gimmick following their victory.

And, oh yeah, the most important rule for this:

3) ._. may pick Sousa's winner as well as his own winner.

TGC's Monster Stable:

It's the simplest rules in the world, book The Zombie, Frank N. Stein, The Wolfman, and Kevin D. Thorne (The D stands for Dracule) as the baddest faction/stable in the world of wrestling. The Zombie debuted on ECW and promptly got his ass kicked by Sandman, but what if that wasn't the end? What if the next week Sandman took on Frank N. Stein, and when it looked like he had it won, Monsters Inc. hit the ring and kicked his ass?

-Write a week by week recap from the second show to the week before December To Dismember that shows what Monsters Inc were doing each week. It doesn't have to be long, just something.

-Write a promo at D2D for the faction explaining their matches.

-Write a short recap of two of their three of the matches. One lower level singles match and a midcard Tag Team Match. They must win one of those matches and lose one.

-Write in full the ECW World Title Match between the ECW Champion and one member of the stable. This is the Main Event, and should be written as such. The Monsters Inc member MUST be solidly put over as a future star, but mustn't necessarily win the match.

Good luck.

GCCWolverine's King of the Ring Reboot:

With William Regal's suspension thanks to the wellness plan, let's see how you can do with re-doing the 2008 King of the Ring.

You must include:

1) A brief overview of the 4 opening round matches, and the two semi-final matches.

2) A promo from one participant in the finals.

3) The final match in its entirety.

4) The next week's coronation ceremony, where the ceremony is interrupted by somebody to kick off the next feud for the king.

Stipulations:

1) The following people cannot be involved in any way: William Regal, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Ken Kennedy, Finlay, Hornswoggle

2) You must include a former or current WWE or World champion in the tournament, but they cannot win.

3) Somebody who is outweighed by at least 100 pounds must win their first round match by pinfall or submission cleanly.

3a) Said person can't be Hornswoggle.

4) Each match must end in pinfall or submission, and only one of the prelims can have interference.

5) In the interview, the finalist must mention three former Kings of the Ring - your choice on how to include that.

6) At the coronation ceremony, the King will be given something special - and in usual fashion, when the ceremony is crashed, it will be destroyed or used as a weapon.

I'm willing to do any of these three, or you can pull other rules from the Rules thread--I'm down with anything in there that isn't the early TNA stuff or the indy stuff. Or someone else can give us rules.

After looking through the rules thread, these ones intrigued me.

You’re charged with booking an interpromotional tag team feud between the WWF’s Attitude era and the mid-to-late-80s era of the NWA. Your choices for the feud are:

For the WWF: Edge and Christian, the Dudley Boyz, or the Hardy Boyz

For the NWA: The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express, the Midnight Express, or the Road Warriors

Choose one from each side and choose the time period in which you’ll set this feud. Will the Dudleyz appear in 1986, or will the Rock ‘n’ Rolls show up on a 2000 episode of Raw? Or will you go completely intergalactic with your setting, the way Plankton did in his HoF diary? Bear in mind, this is both teams in their primes, not a broken-down NWA team getting squashed in recent years.

With the Road Warriors, you may use Precious Paul Ellering. With the Midnight Express, you may use Jim Cornette and your choice of teams, whether it be Lane/Eaton, Eaton/Condrey, or Condrey/Rose. With the Dudley Boyz, you may use Paul Heyman. The other three teams weren’t known for having mouthpieces, so they must stand alone.

What you will need:

--A debut segment for your invading team

--A brief in-ring confrontation following one of the non-invading team’s matches

--Promos from both teams leading up to their blowoff match

--Full write-up of the blowoff match itself

Hmm, well I don't want to do anything WCW because that's your wheelhouse and not exactly my cup of tea. While challenging you at your best and having a chance to defeat you is motivating, I'm EDIT: Not too confident that I could muster up anything close. So I suggest a total level playing field with...THIS!

A one-on-one battle for the World Championship.

Who are the participants? You create them.

What company? You create it.

In one evening, you must illustrate what this fictional promotion is and who these two are, using only one promo for each participant and the match itself. Personally, I think this is the battle that separates writers from EWR players; can you convincingly create original characters and settings?

Edited by MDP

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, MDP. I haven't had a really good night this week for writing. My wife was supposed to be off Tuesday night and I was going to write then, but she stayed home instead and... yeah. :pervert:

I don't know if you've gotten yours in yet, but I should definitely have something together tonight. That fine with you?

• 2 weeks later...