FIFA 09

alldaws1

Any idea why the servers are down? Also, when downloading the squad file, do I do it the way Darloboy said do it? Through going to ranked play first? Or is there another way?

EA's servers aren't the best and they take them offline for maintenance pretty much every day, just try again later. And yes, go to a ranked match, it will tell you to download the latest squads, do that, then you can back out of the match at the team select screen unless you want to play the game. Go to My FIFA 09 and then save and overwrite your current squad file, should work.

Still not worked...Any other ideas?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The AI on this is fucking moronic in BAP. It's a rarity if we don't have a player sent off each game. They just slide in from anywhere and pick up constant bookings. Really, really annoying. How am I supposed to score goals and win matches for the team when my players are being sent off, just drew 0-0 cause we ended up with 9 men. :@

Add me, t-zakjez. Yes, stupid name, not enough credits to change it. The AI in BAP can indeed be stupid, they are sometimes ruthless in challenges but I don't remember getting that many red cards, maybe it was just a one-off.

Says yours isn't valid.

Any idea why the servers are down? Also, when downloading the squad file, do I do it the way Darloboy said do it? Through going to ranked play first? Or is there another way?

EA's servers aren't the best and they take them offline for maintenance pretty much every day, just try again later. And yes, go to a ranked match, it will tell you to download the latest squads, do that, then you can back out of the match at the team select screen unless you want to play the game. Go to My FIFA 09 and then save and overwrite your current squad file, should work.

Anyone at all? :P

Gay. I hate it when I lose to something like an undefendable corner, just sucks. Then again I did miss basically an empty net in the last minute so got myself to blame I suppose.

Was quite laggy for me mainly extra time and the first half, hence why I was so shocking. Second half wasn't too bad which was easily out best half of football. Hated how I scored and you just ran through my defence with ease one after another though - that was shit on my part.

Sometime yeah, on NHL a bit now. The lag was annoying me, it happened when I was through on goal at one point at 0-0.. it just juddered and Niang ran into the goalkeeper.

I need to learn to look at the radar to see if the goalkeeper is advancing because my camera angle never seems to show it till its too late. So if i think he's coming out, they've generally stuck or i'll be running through and suddenly a goalkeeper kamikazees on screen and through my player and I miss. Then again I missed a couple one on ones that I should have tucked away.. I need to get my finger off the sodding right trigger so much, it only causes pain :@

Right I've done that, and I now have Squads 1 (original) and Squads 2. To create Squads 2, I downloaded the Squad File through a ranked match, quit the match when it said it'd saved (I didn't get the option to name it) and quit the ranked match, as others in this thread have said do. I saved the squad file loaded (which I presumed would be from the ranked match; thus the new update) as Squads 2. I then loaded, and I've still got the old squads. Also, according to my saved data utility on the PlayStation main menu, I have a squad file called 'ONLINE SQUADS', but I'm not given the option to load this on the load squads menu.

Also, doubt it makes a difference but I'll mention that I don't have an Adiddas Live Season, because I had to clear all my data a while back and I can't use my code a second time. I'm sure it makes no difference though.

What am I doing wrong?!

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness

Strange as it downloaded fine for me. :/

Playing as teams like Leeds you get to see who is really bad online. Just played as them against Spain and although I lost 4-1 I to be honest dominated them and the only reason he beat me was because of player speed and abit of lag. only goal was a backfoot flick into the net by Beckford from about a yard in front just to show how bad he was. plus he was an absolute arse-hole to boot. had he been playing as a lesser team the score line would have been reversed.

Is there not an Adidas Live Season option on the main menu on the 360 version? On the PS3 I just select that. Normally it tells me I already have the latest squad update the first time, but then you select it a second time and it starts downloading the file.

edit: Didn't read the last couple of posts before replying. You don't have ALS? Surely you can't get the transfer update then? :S This piece of info will be useless if you don't have ALS, but downloading through ranked match only updates your Online Squads, you have to download through the ALS link to update offline.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/news/TransferUpdate09

You should be able to re-use your code though. I've upgraded my PS3 hard-drive and had to re-enter my code and it worked fine.

I would've guessed I could, because I can still use the normal online facilities.

EDIT: Shit, so I can't get it? :crying:

EDIT: I'll try the code again. Perhaps I entered it wrong before.

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness

I've just deleted my online squad file to test this for you and go through it. I go the same problem and was not ammused <_< . But they are working now but I'm not 100% sure how. first off instead of quiting the online match I played it and the squads worked fine online. once I'd completed my online match I went to team management to see if it had worked which it hadn't and hence I had the same problem as you. I exited FIFA looked in my saved data folder and there was an online squads file. So I turned FIFA back on and downloaded the Addidas Live update season (just because the flashing of it at the bottom was annoying plus may aswell have it up to date). Then I went into the Team Management section and sure enough the new squads where there and loaded up. Now I'm unsure as to whether it was the playing game and then exiting/reloading FIFA that did it or if downloading the LIVE update did it. You can try the play online game, exit and re-enter FIFA method for nothing. If that doesn't work you're going to have to try and download the LIVE update. I'm sure you could use your code to get it again as that code would have already purchased whatever league you got (presumably Premier League). Hope this helps you in some what TKOA

Edited by Mr.iMPACT!