FIFA 09

alldaws1

I like FIFA and Manager Mode keeps me playing the game but it could be so much better. Here's some things I wish they'd fix/include/change:

1. Scheduling. The amount of times I get two games in one day is so stupid. First of all it would never happen and secondly I've had several weeks where I only play one game. I don't care if I play two games a week for the whole season, just don't schedule two matches on the same day. Oh, and the fact that I advanced from the EFA group stages TWICE IN THE SAME COMPETITION needs to be looked at. I've got both Milan and Stuttgart in the knockout stages, played both first legs on the same day - two days before facing Liverpool in the Premier League. I wonder what will happen if I play me in the next round.

2. Weather. Why does every game in Manager Mode have to be on a sunny afternoon? All mid-week games should be under the floodlights for one and it would make it more interesting if it rained once in a while or hell, if it was just cloudy. Snow and a hi-vis ball for the winter months would be brilliant additions, too.

3. Transfer system. This needs to be overhauled. Just because I have enough money to bring Kaka to Spurs doesn't mean it would happen. It would be realistic if other teams changed their line-ups at all, even to rest some fatigued players but they never change barring suspension or selling a player and what's the point of a team buying a player and then not playing him? Stoke bought Darren Bent from me and he hasn't played once despite being rated the best player in their squad by a fair way.

4. Player morale. This kind of ties in with 3, but just because a team is winning doesn't mean every single one of their players is going to be fully satisfied. Say I purchase Kaka but leave him in the reserves while the rest of the team including several players of less ability win the league. Does Kaka stay perfectly happy? No, he should be pissed off he's not getting playing time and hand in a transfer request.

5. Finances need a change also. It's far too easy to upgrade a team's staff and while a team may be getting £1m per match from a sponsor, not all of it should go into the transfer kitty. I set my ticket prices to high, upgraded my stadium a bit and with my sponsor I'd pocketed £30m or so between transfer windows, it needs toning down.

6. Player numbers. They fixed every new player getting number two but I'd like to be able to assign squad numbers at the start of each season. I think if Spurs sold Bent then Keane would take the number 10, it certainly wouldn't be left vacant until I brought in a new striker who were number 10 for his old club.

I'm not saying Manager Mode needs to be as in depth as Football Manager for example but there's some things it needs to spice it up a bit.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manager Mode is broken, that's why it's possible. Group stage worked fine, played my four games in the group of five, finished 2nd behind Red Bull Salzburg and then for some reason I had two matches in the knockout round, AC Milan and Stuttgart. Won them both and was obviously then drawn against myself in the next round.

That's why I get so wound up with EA bringing in new features year after year. I understand they have to introduce new things to keep things fresh and giving more reasons to buy the latest game and some things are awesome (Be A Pro) but other times it's infuriating when they bring in features like that 'off-the-ball' thing a few seasons ago that was useless and fail to concentrate on improving the main modes that are lacking in so many ways as AD mentioned earlier on.

That squad number thing is still terrible for me. I have two midfielders with numbers 66 and 82 and a defender with the number 98. :/

Definitely don't want anything as in depth as FM as I prefer playing FIFA anyways but it isn't too much to ask just to iron out a couple little things.

That squad number thing is still terrible for me. I have two midfielders with numbers 66 and 82 and a defender with the number 98. :/

Where did you get those players from? I know some players in foreign leagues like to use the year they were born like 80 or whatever, especially in the Italian leagues. And I've noticed with English clubs that a fair few youth players use the larger numbers too, like Jonathan Obika wears number 80 for Spurs in real life, there's a few with 40+ numbers etc.

I just checked the one I can remember off the top of my head (Mehmet Topuz) and yeah... he does wear the number 66 shirt. Still, if I had the choice I'd make him wear something more sensible.

I think the defender is Rolando, although can't check his nationality to track him down at the minute.

why the shit can't their be downloadable content such as kits, stadiums, free agents :shifty: .....

I'd love for some more 3rd kits (or maybe random retro ones), more actual stadiums, and people like stephen appiah to be in the game.

Also, a quick think that's bugging me. I'm enjoying getting Darlington up to speed to where they were when the administration hit, but it's going to suck moving up the ladder and still playing in matchstick stadium version 2.0.

I echo the manager mode numbers thing, It almost makes you want not to buy Shevchenko and Ronaldo from Milan with the number the have at the moment.

Dos anyone know if the 1.1 gig download of "Ultimate Team" will include Bug Fixes? Looks veryinteresting (the game mode and the amount of data maybe setting other things right? I heared it´s a must download even if you do not buy the Cardgame).... still looking into getting a PS3 ad some cool Footy game.

There's a 32MB file that has been released to support the new Ultimate Team mode and Trophies. I have no idea what the trophy list is yet (although I know there's quite a few pointless/easy ones) so when I get it I'll post it.

Also, people have been having crashing problems on PS3 with the patch when trying to play online. People on the EA forums seem to think it's because the ones involving are attempting to connect to someone who was already playing the game when the patch was released, and thus don't have it yet.

EDIT:

Bronze Trophies

Gimme Five

Score five goals in the arena

Time you played a match?

Score twenty goals in the arena

Hero

Save a penalty

Eat my chip

Score by chipping the keeper in a match

Screamer!

Score from over 30 yards out in a match

On the spot

Score from a penalty in a match

Like on the training field

Score from a corner

Wing play

Score from a cross

Last Gasp Goal

Score in the 89th minute

In off

Score off the woodwork in a match

What a Beauty!

Score on the volley in a match

One goal a season

Score with a defender in a match

Fling yourself at it

Score with a diving header in a match

Good head on your shoulders

Score with a header in a match

Director in the making

Upload a video to EA Sports™ football world

The ol' switcheroo

Successfully perfom a pass that switches the play from one flank to the other

Sparkly clean

Keep a clean sheet

Judas

Beat your favourite team with their rival

The Kwong

Score a headed goal with the shortest created player

Provider Bronze

Perform a cross for a friend who scores from it. (Co-op Trophy)

The Gipson Curse

Go into an online match after choosing your own arena player

Optimus Chung

Win a game with adidas Live Season enabled

The Venhola Ice

Win a FIFA 09 Clubs match with your club

The Poon Sang

Win with a team of 11 created players in an unranked online match

Club god

Reach legendary status for your club

Pictures speak a thousand words

Upload 5 screenshots to EA Sports™ football world

1st time out

Win an Online League match

Manual labour

Win a match with fully manual settings (no assistance can be switched on)

Ranked Winner

Win a Ranked online match

FIFA Fair Play

Play 5 consecutive matches without getting any cards (bookings must be enabled in the settings)

World Champion

Ultimate Team:Win the Gold World Trophy

Online Champion

Ultimate Team:Win Gold Ultimate Team Trophy

Silver Packs

Ultimate Team:Open first Silver Pack

Gold Packs

Ultimate Team:Open First Gold Pack

Bigger Venue

Ultimate Team:Upgrade to a Silver Rated Stadium

The Collector

Ultimate Team:Complete an 11 player team page in the collection

Best of the Best

Ultimate Team:Obtain your first Gold Rated Manager

Silver Trophies

Giant Killer

Beat a five star team with a half star team

Bend it like a pro

Score from a free kick in a match

On yer bike!

Score with a bicycle kick

A Man Down

Win a game when down one man

Custom sixty four winner

Win a Created Tournament that starts with sixty four teams

One star winners

Win a Tournament that starts with sixteen teams, with a one star rated team.

Huge investment

Buy a player in Manager Mode for 50 million of your chosen currency

Spending spree

Buy 50 players in your career in Manager Mode

The Peterson

Play for over fifty hours

Frequent flyer

Win in every stadium

Jonzo's lounge

Score 2500 points and win 5 badges in a single Lounge Mode match

Duo-Hedgeidecimal

Enter a match with 20 people in a FIFA 09 Clubs Match

Living legend

Reach legendary status for your country

Real world winner

Win 5 Interactive League matches

Club Tournament Mastery

Ultimate Team:Win all gold Club Tournaments

Online Tournament Mastery

Ultimate Team:Win All gold Online Tournaments

Solid Gold

Ultimate Team:Obtain 11 gold players

Gold Trophies

Huge return

Sell a player in Manager Mode for 50 million of your chosen currency

The purist

Complete a Manager Mode season without simming any games

Platinum Trophy

Football Legend

Unlock all other trophies (excluding additional content trophies)

Edited by Baddar®

I just had the best of online wins.

Sometimes I pick a random team but first going into friendly offline, pressing x and choosing however the computer comes up with online.

This time it was Empoli so I chose Empoli while the other guy/girl chose Manchester United without hesitation. Of course he/she also couldn't resist putting C. Ronaldo next to Rooney upfront but alas I completely shut down his attack with a 3* team and scored 3 of my own (and I missed a penalty). Of course he/she quit during injury time but it still was satisfying!

Just got the Wing Play, In Off and Good Head On Your Shoulders in one fell swoop :D

On course to get the giant killer trophy too, 2-0 up as Accrington vs Arsenal.

I notice there's quite a few Manager and BAP mode trophies. Anyone know if you have to start new careers to get these? Or where I can post to find out. EA Forums suck.