FIFA 09

alldaws1

Nope I've struggled to sell anything bronze. Except for an England flag bandana which went for it's BN price at 500 coins. Could've got more for it :P

I just stick them in my trade pile now and use them when organising trades. Cause you can't make an offer of just coins, it has to have a card.

Just got myself a Napoli badge so that's replaced my lion as the Northern Lads logo. As well as a silver (and then gold) stadium to earn my upgrade trophy :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rembered to post this right now. I've discovered a new brand of dickhead, online.

So I was playing this guy, who from the centre presses X + L1 continously, until he was clean through and scored, which is impossible to defend against when done right, because your players change too rapidly for you to react. Anyway that's fine I thought, he's probably shit. But he immediately pauses and 20 seconds later switches his formation to this.

dsc00385l.jpg

Yes folks that is 6-1-3 with 2 FUCKING SWEEPERS. Making it impossible to get any time on the ball past midfield becasue I was facing in practice, 4 centre backs. It was a joke, he won 1-0 with me gtting a ridiculous amount of possesion. This guy should be blackballed from everything. Typical yanks not appreciating the beautiful game

That's ridiculous. 6-1-3 haha.

What have you got your settings on? I know when I first started playing FIFA again I had to dial down the auto player switching because it does my head in.

I would follow the runner with my player and hold square to have his man either risk a long range effort or be closed down by an AI defender.

I'm getting seriously addicted to the trading/money-making aspect of UT. The problem is I don't have enough hours in the day to play it. I've got about 10K in the kitty at the minute but that's measly in comparison to some players who have hundreds of thousands and even some in the millions of coins. Just playing my way through the offline tournaments at the minute to eventually get my trophy.

Wait, so you don't need to be playing online against other players if you get UT?

I thought that was just what it was... a glorified stickerbook where you only got stickers by playing other people.

So, is it possible to do well without going online? and do your players run out of contract as fast?

I've just attempted to download this from Xbox live but the 2GB file is currently 0MSP... Is it now free? or do you have to buy it once the 5 games run out?

AJ I gots me a Valencia away kit =) first gold pack that I got as well, anyway will post my team here. I really want to get to a all Spanish 442

GK: Iker Casillas (92)

LB: Patrice Evra (92)

CB: Daniel Agger (90)

CB: Jamie Carragher (84)/Alessandro Nesta (84)

RB: Maicon (92)/Josemi (84)

LM: Ludovic Giuly (85)/ Robin Van Persie (91)

CM: Cesc Fabregas (87)

CM: Rubén de la Red Gutiérrez (82)/Tim Borowski (84)

RM: Joe Cole (86)

ST: David Villa (96)

ST: Craig Bellamy (85)

I have a boat load of decent subs but thats what I would go for as my strongest team. Anyway I have a couple of badges if anyone needs them for their collection (360 Version) Valencia badge, Blackburn Badge, Man USA Badge, Man USA Home Kit and a few more which escape me.

Wait, so you don't need to be playing online against other players if you get UT?

I thought that was just what it was... a glorified stickerbook where you only got stickers by playing other people.

So, is it possible to do well without going online? and do your players run out of contract as fast?

I've just attempted to download this from Xbox live but the 2GB file is currently 0MSP... Is it now free? or do you have to buy it once the 5 games run out?

You get coins for playing games, online or offline against the computer, it doesn't matter which. As I've said before you actually get more for playing offline if you play on the World Class or Legendary difficulties. You use the coins you get to buy packs of cards to get players, staff, new kits, new logos, new stadiums, contract extensions for both players and staff, training cards, fitness cards etc. Cards that you don't want or need you can send to your collection (you get more coins for completing pages of your book) or put up for auction/trade with other players online.

The 2GB file is the game add-on. It gives you five free matches but you have to buy the full game (which can be done in the UT menus once you've downloaded that 2GB file) to play any more than that. You can only buy bronze packs (500 coins each) on the trial because buying silver packs (2500 coins each) requires you to have played six games and you must have played 12 games for gold packs (5000 coins each).

What Ad said, AND I haven't played online at all up to now and I'm still hooked. Enjoying making coins playing against the CPU and making money by adding to my collection. Apparently the online multiplier is set at a fixed x1.5 even if you play a 5* team with a 1/2* team so it's definitely not a good money maker.

Bloody EA are taking the database down at 6am to fix the auction sorted by expiration date problem and do maintenaince just as I get home from work. Which means all my wheelings and dealings will have to wait til I'm up at lunch time.

Whilst it's good that they're fixing it, it does mean that the few of us prepared to flick through 50 pages of cards to find 150 coin gold player auctions with a few seconds left are losing out. Still, there's always good Buy Now offers if you're willing to look.

I was hoping to get a 442 card to re-train my created striker but they go for 25K+ easily. Sod that. Have you guys still got created players or have they been binned?

• Admin
What Ad said, AND I haven't played online at all up to now and I'm still hooked. Enjoying making coins playing against the CPU and making money by adding to my collection. Apparently the online multiplier is set at a fixed x1.5 even if you play a 5* team with a 1/2* team so it's definitely not a good money maker.

Bloody EA are taking the database down at 6am to fix the auction sorted by expiration date problem and do maintenaince just as I get home from work. Which means all my wheelings and dealings will have to wait til I'm up at lunch time.

Whilst it's good that they're fixing it, it does mean that the few of us prepared to flick through 50 pages of cards to find 150 coin gold player auctions with a few seconds left are losing out. Still, there's always good Buy Now offers if you're willing to look.

I was hoping to get a 442 card to re-train my created striker but they go for 25K+ easily. Sod that. Have you guys still got created players or have they been binned?

I've kept mine and used multiple training cards on him. Then again, I just can't bring myself to drop myself - he's (I'm :shifty:) my best player, an 89 rated striker.

Still trying to collate all the trophies - working my way through a season in MM to get the Purist trophy (shame that wasn't retroactive), and at the same time trying to get the trophy for buying 50 players.

• Admin

I have the Valencia Home Kit, the Blackburn away kit, the Sampdoria badge, the city at night practice area (can't remember it's name) and the Estadio De Les Artes or whatever it's called for a home ground - and last night I got the Large Crowd modifier for the Stadium too :)

I am never buying a gold pack again. :angry:

I know it's the luck of the draw but the only players I got were 2 78 rated LB's! Best thing in the pack was Old Trafford. I don't have any room in my trade pile so I stuck it in my collection.

Got quite a few badges and kits this morning for less than collection price so happy with that though.

Regarding the created players, I still have mine. I like to keep him in the squad because you can change their position at any time so when I'm stuck elsewhere, I just switch his position and slot him wherever I need him. Like RW I've used training cards as well, he's currently a 78 OVR right midfielder, backing up David Bentley.

And AJ, I know what you mean with the gold packs. I must have had five CMs and one ST out of my last three gold packs, nothing else in terms of players or staff <_<