Recommend me some music.

slain

So, I've made topics similar to this before, but they've usually gotten like 2-3 answers, and then have died.

I think we need an official recommendation topic. But that's just my opinion.

Anyways, I've been getting a little bored with my music lately, and EWB seems to have a good taste in music. You guys have gotten me into Ben Folds, Sigur Ros, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Explosions In The Sky, Bear Vs. Shark, and countless others (with the help of topics similar to this, and Your Big Gay Face).

I'm into rock mostly. And most sub-categories of rock. Some rap is decent. I'm really not into punk, though. Hardcore and post-hardcore are good. Metal is pretty good, too. As long as it's not TOO heavy. And techno is awesome, from what little I've heard, anyway.

My favorite bands, according to my Facebook, are:

Alexisonfire

Basshunter

Bear Vs. Shark

Blink 182

Blue October

Brand New

Breaking Benjamin

The Chemical Brothers

Clutch

Coheed And Cambria

Danko Jones

Dave Matthews Band

Death Cab For Cutie

Eric Clapton

The Hold Steady

Incubus

Jars Of Clay

Jeremy Warmsley

The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Led Zeppelin

Local H

Manic Street Preachers

Metallica

The National

Neil Young

Pearl Jam

Pierce The Veil

Queen

Rage Against The Machine

R.E.M.

Rush

Seether

Shinedown

Sigur Rós

Smashing Pumpkins

Soundgarden

Thousand Foot Krutch

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers

Van Halen

Weezer

The White Stripes

The Who

So please, recommend me some good music. Maybe more people than just me can use this topic.

Thanks guys.

Edited by slain

If you like Shinedown, you'll most likely like The Exies. Start with the self-titled, Inertia and Head For The Door. A Modern Way... isn't fuckawful, but the others far outshine it.

Bush are a great grunge-era type band, although some consider them "post-grunge" as they were formed in '94. Anyway, if you like Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and co., you'll like Bush.

The Black Hand are an almost unknown band, but they're similar to Soundgarden in a lot of ways, but with perhaps a more bluesy-twinge. They have a MySpace with some pretty cool songs on it.

The logical step from Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix is Black Sabbath, especially the first five albums. They're bluesy, have awesome yet simple solos and have a vocalist that's similar. If you hate the vocalist check out Heaven and Hell era. Sabbath where they have Dio as a singer, i don't rate that too highly but others seem to love that.

If you like Metallica, there's a good chance you'll like Megadeth, even if you don't like the thrashy songs there'll be some more melodic ones you'll love (A Tout Le Monde, Countdown to Extinction etc.)

A good progression from Soundgarden is Queens of the Stone Age, they're not exactly the same style of band but they just seem to go really well together.

From the sounds of things you like some hard rock bands that seem to be closely ascosiated with wrestling, check out Monster Magnet, especially the Powertrip album for some brilliant riffs.

As for Queen, check out David Bowies greatest hits, from there work out which era you prefer and look into more stuff around that era. The man is a musical legend and even some of his worst albums have a great song that is worth the purchase/download <_<