Weeds?

jrtdot

Do you smoke? If you smoke, you might feel a litte more at home, making it a fantastic series. If you don't, well then you're gonna be introduced to a world of good acting, hilarious scenes, good storylines making it....well, a fantastic series.

Weeds was fucking fantastic for the first season, and from what I remember great during the second. The first season was all about a mom dealing pot in suburbia, and by the end of the second season and start of the third Weeds grew into sort of a dramedy with drama playing a much more integral part in the series, especially in the third season. It certainly makes sense that the characters would move on from the stagnant world of just dealing pot in suburbia, but it's come at the sacrifice of what made the first and second season so great. It was still good in season three for the most part, just in a different way. As for season four, I dunno if it's started yet, but this season could be the turning point in Weeds in the sense that it might get canned after this. A few actors dropped out, mainly Romany Malco. Maybe it was just him, I forget, but he was a rather integral character.

Mostly agreed. Own all 3 seasons on DVD, and have watched the 4th all the way through and plan to watch the season finale tonight, but other than a few pay-off gags, and a Don't Miss The Bear reference it's the weakest season thus far. If only for taking itself a little too seriously and basically turning into a drug themed Dexter without the required kill each episode, which is also a great show... But in no way Weeds.

Watched every week over here on Showcase since its debut in Canada, good series.. if your going to watch it now I would suggest watching the First 3 seasons on either DVD or otherwise, it has trailed off and less a dark comedy and more or a chicky type drama still a decent show I'm not liking the 4th season at all so far but I'm only 2 episodes in and looking forward to Sundays at 10 because of it. Season 1 was amazing as previously stated, Season 2 was meh, Season 3 was ok, had a few points that had me laughing, def Missing Conrad and his infiinite wisdom in Season 4, either way this show will get the OC Treatment from me and I will watch it until it gets canned.