Wipeout HD

First impressions answer:

It looks like sexual chocolate.

It plays pretty nicely too.

Whooohoo my addiction to Wipeout begins all over again.

+ If you play your own music is changed depending on the enviornment. In the open it goes flatter, inside is gets echoey, when lots is happening it quietens down a little.

+ It also muffles when in shields or when attacked and rolls a bit when the surface is undulating. I started a race and "Song 2" by Blur started with it;s quiet drum intro, I went into shield so it muffled right down, through a tunnel, out the other side as the shield powered down just as WOOOHOOOOO belted out. Perfect

+ The graphics design is still Designer Republic so it's clean, fresh, colourful, modern. I loved that about Wipeout 3.

+ I just got my first gold medal in a time trial and it won me a trophy so Wipeout HD support Playstation trophies.

+ Mmmm unlockable tracks and teams.

+ Some great race modes - as well as the usual race there's time trial, fastest lap and ZONE (similar to Wipeout PSP) where the screen goes different trippy LSD colours and the racer gets faster and faster and you have to complete a certain number of zones until you run out of shield. I got to zone 23 in the first one your come across in the career mode which has you up to Phantom speed and then it just gets stupid. (223rd best in the world at time of writing - whho go me :shifty:)

+ Oh yeah, online racing mode and records.

+ Just had a race online and it was great with no lag or slowdown with 8 guys - 2 from America, an Aussie, me from Japan and 4 Europeans. Proper hard though and I got schooled. Oh wells.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

It's a full game available only on Playstation Store for the dirt cheap price of £11.99.

I have no idea how they can charge so little for a really good brand new game.

As it has been developed by Sony Liverpool it won't be going to XBox 360.

Gamespot is the only major website that has rated it lower than 9.

I've just made a playlist and put it on my PS3. I really shouldn't be this excited about MUSIC. Still I've got Under The Influence by Chemical Brothers which was on a previous game, some Underworld, Prodigy, Breakbeat Era, Future Sound Of London (Papua New Guinea oh YES), some SSX soundtrack stuff, Fatboy Slim....Oh yes.

Damnit Psygnosis, why did you have to cave to Sony's might? I'll never get ot play this, and I'm one of the biggest Wip3out marks ever, I kept my PSP about a year longer than I should have just because of it. I want :(

Wait, does it use the motion-sensing capabilities at all? If so, I know what I want for Christmas >_>

Edited by Dragsy

Damnit Psygnosis, why did you have to cave to Sony's might? I'll never get ot play this, and I'm one of the biggest Wip3out marks ever, I kept my PSP about a year longer than I should have just because of it. I want :(

Wait, does it use the motion-sensing capabilities at all? If so, I know what I want for Christmas >_>

Yep it has motion sensing for pitch and steering. And yes it's glorious. Very hard but massively rewarding when you nail a few corners in succession.

FEEDER?!?!?!?! With Wipeout?!?!?! you need some fucking Pendulum, Qemists...oh, christ, Crystal Method are PERFECT for Wipeout, fuck your faggy welsh alt-rock :angry:

Just a joke to be honest, although the instrumentals from GT1 might make it. Currently using some Late of the Pier, The Prodge and Chems until I can be bothered to dig out some more CD's. Superb feature though, the sooner more games use it the better.