Carling Cup Semi Finals et al

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly the bbc sport forum has descended into vitriolic ranting of hatred against Spurs for having tha audacity to actually not give up and TRY to score the goal they needed. GASP! How DARE they!

People are just upset about not being able to laugh at Spurs for giving away their three goal lead and lose. If there's anything people like to do, it's laugh at Tottenham when we lose.

Apparantly people are now "understanding why Arsenal fans hate Spurs", "embarrassed for English football to have this team, this overpaid illiterate bunch of 'sportsmen' representing them in Europe" and various other disappointed Premiership fan-wanting-an-upset ramblings.

Tough.

Off we go to Wembley.

I just don't like Redknapp. Never have never will.

BBC Sport forum? Why? :crying:

Let's do player ratings!

Alnwick: Shit

Gunter: Shit

Woodgate: Shit

Dawson: Poor

Assou-Ekotto: Shit

Bentley: Shit

Zokora: Shit

Huddlestone: Shit

O'Hara: Shit

Modric: Shit

Defoe: Shit

Pavlyuchenko: Average

Bale: Average

Taarabt: Shit

If you look at it, though, Spurs deserved to win the first leg, Burnley deserved to win the second, Spurs deserved to win the extra time period, so it's not a massive injustice against Burnley, there weren't even any match-changing referee decisions really. All the neutrals are going to buy into the underdog story, though, of course.

Well it's not much to go by is it, but I would argue Bale was better. Apart from a couple of bad passes he was very good going forward and defending for once. Seems to play much better in midfield than defence.

Eagles is a decent player, yeah, I was referring to the needless trickery really. Oh and I don't like him at the moment for playing well against us :shifty:

If you look at it, though, Spurs deserved to win the first leg, Burnley deserved to win the second, Spurs deserved to win the extra time period, so it's not a massive injustice against Burnley, there weren't even any match-changing referee decisions really. All the neutrals are going to buy into the underdog story, though, of course.

Not me. I hate Burnley <_< Spurs all the way!

Taraabt was at least going forward, which is what we needed. He was the only Spurs player today who could beat his man.

I thought Bale was great when he came on. He has that extra speed which O'Hara lacks to get behind his fullback, and is probably a better crosser of the ball.

Well...So far this season for Spurs:

GREAT:

Lennon

Woodgate

Corluka

GOOD:

Dawson

O'Hara

Defoe

AVERAGE AT BEST:

King

Gomes

Assou-Ekotto

Zokora

Modric

Pavlyuchenko

dos Santos

POOR:

Hutton

Bale

Huddlestone

Bentley

Bent (I hate the way he plays, all in the box, no linkage with the midfield...)

Jenas

Gunter

Campbell

So, that doesn't make particularly happy reading and I see myself as a happy guy.

Also, now we can see why Harry continued to play Gomes even when he was injured!

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I'd put Woodgate and Corluka in 'good' rather than 'great' and move Dawson up. Gomes is fair enough, he sucked so much to start with even his recent good play hasn't overcome the slow start yet. I'd also put Pavlyuchenko in the good column.

I think you should make another column beneath 'poor', call it 'Learn to play football you overpaid twat' and stick David Bentley in there.

EDIT: General, the Bale curse is only Premier League games.

Edited by AD

Dawson has really stepped up to the plate again this season. He was great when we needed him to be a couple of seasons ago and then had a wobbly year and now he's back in form which is great. His pairing with Woodgate is really quality when it works.