EliteXC on CBS Live Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, Nelson hung in there with a former World champion, so I can live with it. I am predicting that Arlovski will face Barnett in January at the Affliction show and maybe Fedor will fight on the next EliteXC card on CBS? But I am just reaching for that one.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Fedor's not an EXC fighter, so I doubt it, unless something more comes of this partnership. Arlovski/Barnett, winner faces Fedor at some point in the spring.

EXC sticks to Kimbo, Rogers, and whoever else they've got with Silva still on his drug suspension as far as HWs go.

Yeah, I was reaching there. I wasn't sure if the Fedor advertisements might have been foreseeing into the future. Just hopeful wishing by me, although I did stay up all night to watch Fedor take on Hong Man Choi on the internet and did go to Wild Wings to see Fedor vs. Sylvia, so I guess that no matter what, I will do what it takes to see Fedor fight. Though I wish he would go fight in DREAM at some point.

And I am wondering if anyone will be able to stop Jake Shields. Him, GSP, and if you wanna count Penn are all atop the Welterweight division right now and are ahead of the competition by a mile.

So far, a good night of fighting, with the Womens match stealing the show.

And the cancellation of Shamrock is lame. But honestly, I'm not into Kimbo Slice anymore anyway. He had all kinds of hype behind him, and then when they put him against somebody just decent in the ring (James Thompson), he barely squeaks buy with a victory. The guy is just somebody with strong punches and lots of hype.

I'm rooting for Seth Petruzelli in the main. I'd love to see the hype machine get stopped right in its tracks.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Shields wins by submission. Nice.

And Brian, no MMA fan should be rooting for Petruzelli - Kimbo's pretty much the only thing keeping MMA viable on network TV, the guy who beats him needs to have better than a 50/50 shot of winning his next fight. Brett Rogers would be nice.

I agree that Rogers would be nice, although I am not a real big fan of him. Is there really any other heavyweights in EliteXC currently besides Kimbo, "Big Foot" Silva, and Rogers? That is barring any EliteXC and Affliction partnership heavy's.

And Brian, no MMA fan should be rooting for Petruzelli - Kimbo's pretty much the only thing keeping MMA viable on network TV, the guy who beats him needs to have better than a 50/50 shot of winning his next fight. Brett Rogers would be nice.

This is true for the time being, but if this show does poorly and CBS cancels Elite, I wouldn't be surprised if they went after UFC.

I assume by Network TV, you mean CBS and what not, since UFC is doing so well on Spike.

But yeah, I guess you do have a great point there, I hadn't even thought of that. Elite XC at this point really does only have Kimbo to back it, although I think that if they began showcasing more Women's MMA, they might be able to differentiate themselves a lot from UFC and get a lot of backing based on their Women's Division. But nevertheless, I guess that Kimbo winning is the best thing for MMA on Network TV, I just don't like the guy myself.

Edited by The Brian J

Guest Mr. Potato Head
I agree that Rogers would be nice, although I am not a real big fan of him. Is there really any other heavyweights in EliteXC currently besides Kimbo, "Big Foot" Silva, and Rogers? That is barring any EliteXC and Affliction partnership heavy's.

They have others, but nobody particularly good and names aren't coming to me. Dave Herman's one. Justin Eilers, I think. Cabbage Correira barely counts.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I assume by Network TV, you mean CBS and what not, since UFC is doing so well on Spike.

But yeah, I guess you do have a great point there, I hadn't even thought of that. Elite XC at this point really does only have Kimbo to back it, although I think that if they began showcasing more Women's MMA, they might be able to differentiate themselves a lot from UFC and get a lot of backing based on their Women's Division. But nevertheless, I guess that Kimbo winning is the best thing for MMA on Network TV, I just don't like the guy myself.

Spike isn't considered network TV, no.

And I don't like Kimbo either, he's overrated and not particularly good...at all. But for the time being, he's a necessary evil.

Two questions:

1- Does Frank have braces?

2- Is Fedor really THAT good or he is just a fighter with a decent reputation and hype machine?

1. Yes, he does.

2. In my opinion, we won't know until he fights in the UFC (which may never happen).

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Fedor is really that good. I used to wonder the same thing, but then I saw him beat Sylvia - who would be able to at least hold his own in the UFC still - in 36 seconds, and watched some other clips. The good thing about him not signing with UFC is that he'd kill off the rest of the division.

Two questions:

2- Is Fedor really THAT good or he is just a fighter with a decent reputation and hype machine?

He has 29 wins, 1 loss, and 1 draw. The loss was due to ref stoppage because he had a cut over his eye.

He's beaten Cro Cop, Coleman, Goodridge and Nogueria (3 times, I think). The majority of his fights haven't gone past the first round.

There's hype behind him, but it's justified hype...he really IS that good.