hope yours is coming along nicely evil

falloutnp2.th.jpg

for full view go here

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/573/falloutnp2.jpg

Edited by nufan

Evil Empire:

Pros:

*Good Blending

*nice and grungy(fits with the theme of the game imo)

* its all laid out fairly well

Cons:

*I'm not liking the Playstation logo. I think its a bevel that throwing ti off for me but it just doesn't look right

*The Fallout logo needs to be bigger or just needs to be more noticeable

NuFan:

Pros:

*I the texturing. the grungy metal look really works well here

* The blending and the layout is good too

* Like the choice of using simple 2d Playstation logo

Cons:

* I think you should have included the Bethesda logo some where on the cover.

* Blurriness and some jagged areas. The fallout logo is really blurry compared to the rest of the graphic

Really good covers from the both of you.Evil. If yours was maybe a bit lighter(maybe showing some extra detail of the building and scenery) it would look a lot better.

Nufan: the blurriness of the logo compared to the rest of the graphic really hampered the cover for me.

Both were good though and with tweaks i could see being the actual cover for the game.

A tough choice for me here but I'm voting Nufan

I'm digging EE.

Nufan's graphic is better in terms of quality I'd suppose but I'm liking what EE did with the graphic itself. His gives me more of what the game entails and brings aspects of the game to the forefront for window shopping. With Nufan's I could be getting one of a thousand different shoot'em ups. The grungy/grimey/dirty feel to the graphic is what really puts it over for me.

Great job both of you.

I'm digging EE.

Nufan's graphic is better in terms of quality I'd suppose but I'm liking what EE did with the graphic itself. His gives me more of what the game entails and brings aspects of the game to the forefront for window shopping. With Nufan's I could be getting one of a thousand different shoot'em ups. The grungy/grimey/dirty feel to the graphic is what really puts it over for me.

Great job both of you.

thanks to both voters so far

appreciate both comments. HttK i agree with your comments on mine, but the truth is i had never heard of the game before i did this LOL still dont really have an idea of what the game is like except its futuristic

any more voters?

its 1-1 with first to 3 the winner

Vote: Evil Empire

I think EE's looks more like a complete piece, I'm very aware looking at nufan's that it's different pieces put together if that makes sense. I also don't like the low quality logo on nufan's and I think the grittiness of EE's suits the game better.

And as for not knowing what the game's about nufan, you should do research into it if you want to produce a suitable cover. I know it's just a battle on a forum but reading up on the subject you're designing for will give you a better feel for the kind of theme to go with and ultimately will make your graphics better and more suited to the target market. I'm not saying it's not suitable at all, it's not bad, but doing simple things like a bit of research can really help you out in any design you do.

Edited by AD

Cheers guys.

Just to add to AD's second bit, I also had no idea about the game. I'd heard the name and that it was good, and nothing more. I wikipedia'd it, read about it on the website, and asked a buddy before I did the graphic.

Wouldn't mind giving something else a crack if your up for it nufan?

definately up for something else Evil

congrats on the win!