FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

Yeah, it's down to opinion I guess and who you feel better with, it just pisses me off when you have a "ugh, another 5 star team" argument coming from someone using a team with as many demons as anyone outside Barca/United.

I've saw that he's changed to Newcastle, but that'll only mean there'll be excuses when he gets knocked out by a superior team.

And also, I like to defend my point because Real don't really have anyone, aside from Drenthe and Raul. Robben can be scary quick, but running shoulder to shoulder, loses out every time. Raul is scary slow, but can normally hold defenders off. Drenthe can run through anyone.

And Ruud doesn't feel as good as he should be, although I guess he never was one to breeze past defenders game in, game out.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming Robben is Ronhaer in the Dutch team. Because if he is, he is always a beast for me when I play as the Dutch.

He is also a beast for me to the extent that he's my quickest player. It's better to use him offline than online, where you come up against people who can defend him better, like most of the guys here.

I was saying to Bluebirds though, EA really need to give the defenders a chance against the demons next time, in that when you're running in on goal with say Drogba or Ibra, the defender has at least some chance of snatching the ball when shoulder-to-shoulder, as opposed to just hacking down the player to prevent the shot/goal.

I haven't goen Newcastle for excuses, since the update Man City have changed their formation and I can't adjust to it. I can't be bothered to change it everytime so I always go Newcastle now, check my Playerhub.

Also, even if I win with Newcastle I'll still bitch about 5 Star teams. I went England online today when I saw a guy go Germany. It was too easy, the guy was better than me, but since I had superstars, I hoofed the ball over the top each time and Rooney got onto them each time, getting a hat-trick. It's too easy with 5 star teams.

Here's what we have so far;

AJ - Aston Villa

Baddar - Real Madrid

Berry - Atletico

Bluebirds - Chelsea

christoph - Tottenham

HttK - Bayern

littlemus - Milan

McMigsy - Liverpool

Mr. Impact - Leeds

Phatmann - West Ham

rvdwannabe - Everton

TheArsenal - Arsenal

TheCoolOne - Newcastle

TheRossWalker - Inter

------

I still need Bluebirds to confirm that he's sticking with Chelsea. He mentioned Wolves to me the other day, but I wasn't sure if he was joking or not. rvdwannabe chose Bayern after HttK, so will need to pick again. christoph needs a team, due to the ones mentioned already being taken. When all of that happens, a draw can be made.

To confirm, seeing as we have 14 players, Bluebirds gets a bye to the second round, for winning the last tournament. The person joining him will be whoever is paired with him in the first round draw. That match will then become a second round tie, and won't be played until the first round has been. And that's a fair way to do it, if you ask me.

Edited by Bad the Dar

To confirm, seeing as we have 14 players, Bluebirds gets a bye to the second round, for winning the last tournament. The person joining him will be whoever is paired with him in the first round draw. That match will then become a second round tie, and won't be played until the first round has been. And that's a fair way to do it, if you ask me.

Thats probably the fairest way. I'd rather not get the bye if I have to play Bluebirds for a 4th time though.

HTTK can fuck off, I've been practicing as Bayern and everything >_>

Jokes, but yeah, I'll be........Everton. Never played as them, so fuck knows, but worth a go.

You were pretty good as Fulham against me. A bit one dimensional though with Andy Johnson. :D

Aside from Hangeland and Schwarzer, they have no talent whatsoever, I had no choice :P

At least it left me playing the way Fulham do in real life, relying heavily on Johnson.

Yer mad! Johnson might be the best player but they've got talent elsewhere too. Gera's decent on either wing. Zamora has good finishing and Kamara's just as quick as Johnson and used later in the game in he can be lethal. Andreasen is the go-to guy when it comes to sticking headers away from corners. Oh, and Jimmy Bullard anyone?

Aside from Hangeland and Schwarzer, they have no talent whatsoever, I had no choice :P

At least it left me playing the way Fulham do in real life, relying heavily on Johnson.

Yer mad! Johnson might be the best player but they've got talent elsewhere too. Gera's decent on either wing. Zamora has good finishing and Kamara's just as quick as Johnson and used later in the game in he can be lethal. Andreasen is the go-to guy when it comes to sticking headers away from corners. Oh, and Jimmy Bullard anyone?

Ok, you win, I just suck with my own team >_>

Bullard plays for Hull now. :P

Bullard plays for Hull now. :P

Well if you want to be really pedantic he's not playing for anyone for the next 6-9 months. <_<

Well, here's the deal. We thought we had a full list of players, and chosen teams (apart from one guy) as 14 people signed up. Preferably, we would've got 16 sign-ups, so if Mike and KoA want to sign up as well, that'd take us to 16 teams and we could get this going as intended.