FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Nikki (Bluebirds) and Ross (TheRossWalker) the draw for the First Round of the 2nd EWB FIFA tournament has been made.

The following first leg ties will be played between Friday 27th February and Wednesday 4th March;

Leeds (Mr. iMPACT!) vs. Liverpool (McMigsy)

Bayern (HttK) vs. Everton (rvdwannabe)

Milan (littlemus) vs. Newcastle (TheCoolOne)

Inter (TRW) vs. Fiorentina (Mike Widdows)

Juventus (Richie S) vs. Chelsea (Bluebirds)

Tottenham (christoph) vs. Atletico Madrid (Berry)

West Ham (Phatmann) vs. Arsenal (TheArsenal)

Real Madrid (Baddar) vs. Aston Villa (AJ)

----

Good luck to all. Now try and work out when you're going to get your game played. :)

EDIT: Oh and remember, games are unranked, with 5min half lengths.

Edited by Bad the Dar

Nice one mate :D looking forward to getting this leg over with, asap. Good luck to everyone competing, should be fun. (H)

christoph, let me know when you're available to play ;) and what's your PSN id? ;)

Errr, I'm hideously bored if you fancy a game now?

If not, I'm usually on most weekdays between 3pm and 6pm, and varying times over weekends.

PSN : christoph_21

And yours?

yo yo Liam ! at least it'll be a "friend" that kicks my ass here.

I should be home within the next two hours if you're up for one if not both of the matches. Other than that it looks like we'd be doing this on Monday/Tuesday since you'll be out on the weekend. I *might* be able to squeeze one in tomorrow around this time (3-5pm).

I'm on Eastern time US, so you'll know what time frames we're working with.

Edited by HailtotheKing

I know it's a little late but can I change to Hull? This is only as I've played online as them alot recently and have been playing really well with them. My PSN is burnsy08. Lets get this one started then so I can get booted out quickly. Or maybe I might get a shock victory :shifty:

Edited by Mr.iMPACT!

yo yo Liam ! at least it'll be a "friend" that kicks my ass here.

I should be home within the next two hours if you're up for one if not both of the matches. Other than that it looks like we'd be doing this on Monday/Tuesday since you'll be out on the weekend. I *might* be able to squeeze one in tomorrow around this time (3-5pm).

I'm on Eastern time US, so you'll know what time frames we're working with.

To be honest, you may be the worst person I could face, time wise. I tend to be on during the day, and very rarely at night.

However, I'm off all day today, and Tuesday and Wednesday next week, so I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze in the games on one of these days. Look forward to it.

First game of the first round has been played, and the result was.........

Bayern Munich (HTTK) 1 (Donovan 62')

Everton (Liam) 1 (Cahill 68')

A pretty even match for the most part, with me hitting more shots overall, but us even with regards to shots on target. To be honest, even good scoring chances were pretty even, although I had a late header with Yakubu from 5 yards out which if it was anywhere but at the keeper, would have gone in. I had my goalie to thank in the first half with a couple of saves from Podolski one on one, but he could do nothing about the 20 yard thunderbolt from Donovan, straight into the top corner out of nothing, really. Luckily, considering I'd bodged a couple of good one-on-one attempts, I was able to break quickly with Cahill, and run it from just past the half way line to the penalty area, before slotting it past the keeper. I had a similar chance in the 88th minute, but Lucio cynically (:shifty:) took out Cahill, leading to a sending off, and a good scoring chance from the free-kick, which Arteta drove straight into the wall.

So all to play for, all in all.

EDIT: Yeah, it's ok, I'd have done the same thing to be honest, but on purpose :P Seeing how my one on one chances had gone like except for the goal, I wouldn't have been worried about me scoring anyways.

Edited by rvdwannabe

I shouldn't be sticking my oar in but can't help it >_< ... I can't see why there would be a problem with Impact changing to Hull, that's if McMigsy (his opponent) doesn't mind?

Baddar, I'm having a night in tonight so should be free later on. It would be better for me to get it played either then or tomorrow at some point as I'm working Sunday and then back on nights Monday.

Oh and TCO: His PSN is muzzy4. He doesn't really post here a lot but I'll let him know the draw's been made and get him to sort out a time with you. Know it won't be tonight as he's at a basketball game.