FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should've never expanded, we should've stuck with reliable bunch we had.

The problem isn't reliability, it's connectivity, it seems. All four people who need their first leg games played have tried on numerous occasions to do so, without luck.

And no, this isn't dead. Ideally, having all first leg games played together would've been the best option, but if we can't do that, I'm happy to go with AJ's suggestion.

Everyone can play their 2nd leg games if they like.

A note on them;

Remember, if you won your first leg 2-1, but lose the 2nd 2-1, that would essentially mean the game is drawn, and with away goals level, it'd go into extra time. The game isn't going to recognise that, so in the event of extra time being needed due to everything being level, a third, one off game should be played to settle the tie.

Can someone confirm though...

If a game is 0-0/1-1 in both legs (in which case, the game would recognise extra time, so it can be played) do away goals still count? I was thinking that last night when Arsenal were playing, and wondering if they scored in extra time, would Roma then need two? Again, I don't think that's the case, so I just want to have that bit cleared up.

As for my second leg, Saturday or Sunday night is best for me.

I've been ging online a fair bit, but I haven't seen Phatmann, and he hasn't been back on EWB since we first tried to play. All the issues we had were his end, because he couldn't even connect to EA. Now I have a ton of uni work, so I'm not going to sit online for hours waiting for him. If he can get on here and we can arrange something then I'll meet him online for a match/attempted match.

I've been ging online a fair bit, but I haven't seen Phatmann, and he hasn't been back on EWB since we first tried to play. All the issues we had were his end, because he couldn't even connect to EA. Now I have a ton of uni work, so I'm not going to sit online for hours waiting for him. If he can get on here and we can arrange something then I'll meet him online for a match/attempted match.

Sorry mate. When are you available to play? I'm about on msn a lot of the time and only really go on the PSN when I've arranged to play a game online there. If you have msn add me on phatmann8@hotmail.com and then it'd probably be easier to arrange a time to play. If not, just let me know when you are free and I'll try and get on. Hopefully we can actually connect this time and get the game played.

I've been constantly trying to get this first leg over and done with, I'm doing all I can, I guess cristoph is more to blame than me...

I'll be changing ISP tomorrow, the BT deal expires tomorrow I believe and we'll have the new Post Office Broadband up soon, hopefully tomorrow afternoon. I'm not entirely sure.

Once the new connection is sorted and that, I'll be on PSN and on MSN for sure.

cristoph, what are we going to do? We have tried now for about 5 days and still no luck :@ :S

Your PS3 connected to Internet wirelessly, or via a router? If so, have you forwarded the ports in the game manual to your PS3's IP address?

One thing, there's no chance I'll be able to get it into DMZ mode, as my Dad is control of the Internet all so will have to pass on that 1...

Edited by Berry

First Leg: McMigsy 4-0 Mr. Impact

Second Leg: Liverpool (McMigsy) 9-0 (Mr. Impact) Leeds

Highlight of the match was when Diego Cavalieri completed his hattrick in the 90th minute, after coming on as a substitute earlier in the tie. Credit to Mr Impact for playing the match, I don't know if I could have summoned the reserves had I chosen Leeds.

absolute fucking abysmal not only by myself but the AI's reaction to any input. I wouldn't mind but 9 fucking nil. My players where so slow they couldn't even get close enough to hack the player out. Had I chosen a different team at the start or been allowed to change to Hull the game would have been much closer.

aye fair enough I'm not blaiming anyone else but jesus they are seriously under powered/liverpool overpowered. I'll keep it in mind if there's another tournament.

My point is that when using smaller teams the excuse is "overpowered/not good enough compared to..." and when using random teams, it'd no doubt be "well, tbh, I haven't really played as ...... before all that much, and I don't have the time to practise as them either".

The only thing against that argument is that more people seemed to want the teams to be random for the most part, so probably wouldn't complain that much if things didn't fall their way. It wasn't a decision that people would have been against.

Anyways, after a 1-1 draw against Bayern (HTTK) in the first match, Everton (me) went through to the next round with a comprehensive 6-0 victory, giving me a 7-1 aggregate win. Two goals by Yakubu in the first half put the game well within my reach, and with Cahill scoring again inside the first 5 minutes of the second half, it was all but over. Castillo then scored from what I believe was a goalie spill and a tap in, with Cahill then scoring the 2nd and 3rd goals of his hat-trick, the first with a chip over the keeper, the second with a one on one placed into the corner. HTTK had a couple of chances, but he really wasn't at the races like he was in our first game.