FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

This week I'm free Monday evening (after 8.30), and Wednesday evening. If that doesn't suit we'll try something else...

I'll get online tonight at some point after 8:30 and hopefully we can connect without any problems. If you don't see this in time, I'll be on Wednesday evening at around the same time.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing against that argument is that more people seemed to want the teams to be random for the most part, so probably wouldn't complain that much if things didn't fall their way. It wasn't a decision that people would have been against.

Anyways, after a 1-1 draw against Bayern (HTTK) in the first match, Everton (me) went through to the next round with a comprehensive 6-0 victory, giving me a 7-1 aggregate win. Two goals by Yakubu in the first half put the game well within my reach, and with Cahill scoring again inside the first 5 minutes of the second half, it was all but over. Castillo then scored from what I believe was a goalie spill and a tap in, with Cahill then scoring the 2nd and 3rd goals of his hat-trick, the first with a chip over the keeper, the second with a one on one placed into the corner. HTTK had a couple of chances, but he really wasn't at the races like he was in our first game.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty. My defense looked like a soup sandwich. I clanked a couple of shots off the post and my other two "quality" shots went right into Howard's chest. Even if I'd put a couple of them in it still would have been nothing more than a scoreline booster. I had no shot in this second game. Very well played by Liam.

RESULT

(AJ) Aston Villa (2) 0 - 3 (4) Real Madrid (Baddar)

Goals

'43 A. Robben (RM)

'66 R. Van Nistelrooy (RM)

'78 R. Van Nistelrooy (RM)

Bookings

None

Substitutes

'45 Raul > R. Van Nistelrooy (RM)

Deserved win for Baddar. I completely bottled it. Should've been calmer than I was when I had the advantage but I was more relaxed when I was 3-0 down since the pressure of keeping a clean sheet was long gone by then.

Aston Villa (AJ) 0-3 Real Madrid (Baddar) - Agg: 2-4

Robben 43

Van Nistelrooy 66, 78

----

I didn't expect this at all, especially considering my last two games on FIFA were the 2-1 loss in the first leg, and the hammering I suffered at the hands of Bluebirds in the last tournament.

I think what I did well in this game was that I didn't panic about the scoreline, knowing I had to get at least 2 goals. When the first one come just before HT, I took off Raul and replaced him with Van Nistelrooy, who scored twice in the second half. What's funny though, is normally when I take shots as early as I did with RVN, the keeper either saves them easily, or the ball goes wide. Luck was on my side, I guess.

Still, well played, and I know if we played again, it could easily be 3-0 the other way.

Chelsea 3-2 Juventus (3-4 Agg)

After a hard fall battle the champions crash out in the first round. The scoring was opened on 32 minutes by Michael Ballack but just after half time Trezeguet got the away goal. After 57 minutes the die was put beyond Chelsea even further as Amauri scored as silence was heard around Stamford Bridge lasting only a further 9 minutes as on 66 minutes Drogba equalized and on 74 minutes Lampard scored from the spot but it was too little too late as Chelsea went out on aggregate.

Haha Bluebirds out!

Anyway, I can't try hard enough to play my game with Muzzy. When I was on, he appeared twice, I sent him a message both times, asking to get the game done, but he went offline immediately with no reply. Next I went online and he was already there, he then went offline instantly. This happened on two more occasions. I don't know whats wrong.

Haha Bluebirds out!

Anyway, I can't try hard enough to play my game with Muzzy. When I was on, he appeared twice, I sent him a message both times, asking to get the game done, but he went offline immediately with no reply. Next I went online and he was already there, he then went offline instantly. This happened on two more occasions. I don't know whats wrong.

You must now take the chance I've given. It's on a plate. I expect you to win this tournament at a cantor.

No pressure.

I didn't get online last Monday as I thought because I ripped some of my thumbnail off and was dealing with that. I was about on Wednesday but Phatmann wasn't. I could get online most evenings this week if I know when Phatmann will be on. Then I think we should just play both legs in one sitting - if Phatmann can connect this time.