Sitcoms YOU wish were still in production...

Universal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which sitcoms from TV history that are currently not in production do you wish were still in production, filming new episodes and commenting on current topical issues?

Think of it as if time could stand still for the characters and the actors (Thus they wouldn't age enough to die, get sick etc).

This is difficult because most of my favourites could fall into this list becasue they arent made anymore. However would most of them still be as good if they had continued and perhaps become watered down as the gags ran out and the stories became more ridiculous? Who knows. so this is really just a list of my favourites.

Blackadder - One of the ones that definately could be revived because it rebooted each series anyway with a new generation. The only problem would be that the last one was in the great war and generally it jumped quite a bit each time so tehre isnt so much to play with. I definately would love to see a fifth series based in late 20th century parliament. Also the idea of doing a 'foreign' version would be good, perhaps a brach of the Blackadder family who emigrated to India during the Raj or modern day America.

Red Dwarf - Suffered for being brough back aftr series VI as it is. I would love to see a few feature length specials based on the later books but a new series might be pushing it.

Allo Allo - Can't bring this one back as the story was finished when the war did. Was a great series though.

Fawlty Towers - The connsumate example of a show that was fantastic but would have got really old really fast with further series as the jokes would become very repetative.

Brittas Empire - OK so a lot didnt like it but I found it hilarious in a fantastic over the top kind of way.

• 2 months later...

Late love for Becker. I had a friend in high school who LOVED it and I never got around to watching it cause I worked when it usually aired, but I've caught reruns lately during the morning and it's pretty fucking good.

And Dinosaurs. We need Dinosaurs back because there hasn't been anything like it since and probably nothing will be like it ever again.

5th page and not a single mention of Seinfeld?......you all can go to hell.

Going really old school...... Bewitched and Leave it to Beaver. Bewitched probably could've been remade.

I love Seinfeld as much as the next guy but 9 seasons is quite long for a sitcom to begin with and while I love it, the length seems about right.

Plus, Curb Your Enthusiasm is so great that it probably wouldn't be around if Larry David spent more creative juices on Seinfeld.

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto to Gaby's Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place love (I've watched the series run a couple times now, and each season has its own unique charm). Add to that Ken Finkleman's brilliant "The Newsroom", the unfortunately over "Trailer Park Boys" and, of course, "The Norm Show". I don't know how much longer "The Norm Show" would have been give that it was little more than Norm MacDonald goofing off, but I was willing to find out.