World Cup 2010 to take place in South Africa

yep yep, it´s official now, discuss if you like a country like that suported by the Fifa

http://www.fifa.com/en/worldcup/index/0,33...rticleid=101468

It's South Africa

South Africa

FIFA

(FIFA) 15 May 2004

South Africa will host the 2010 FIFA World Cup™.

The announcement has just been made by FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter at the World Trade Center in Zurich, Switzerland after a secret ballot of the 24-man Executive Committee of world football’s governing body.

South Africa becomes the first African nation to host the planet’s most popular sporting event.

Once Africa was chosen as the first to kick-off the continental rotation of the FIFA World Cup, its 52 associations were invited to submit bids. From October 2003 to the end of January 2004, FIFA’s inspection committee visited Egypt, Libya, Morocco, South Africa and Tunisia to assess the merits of the five nations left in the race. Yesterday the delegations arrived in Zurich to make final presentations, attempting to convince Executive Committee members that their submission was the best. Last night, the 24 members retired to consider the proposals and once again this morning before a secret ballot was carried out to decide the chosen nation.

Edited by Michael Matzat

A World Cup in South Africa has a good ring to it.

It's just a bad place for England to play, we can never seem to handle the heat. Like in Japan, against Brazil, we were breathing through our arses at the 50th minute mark.

Yeah, I like the idea of it in Africa to help out the game there etc, but it isnt good for England. Or someone like Norway or Sweden, it must be a whole lot worse for them

Here I was hoping it could take place in Egypt since I could go to the World Cup, visit the Pyramids and such, and go across the Mediterranean for a day or two and visit Greece.

Ah well... I won't be old enough in 06 (I'll be 18) to go to Germany for the World Cup... maybe in 2014 my dream of going to a foreign country for a World Cup will come true.