ESPN's Streak for the Cash

sahyder1

I had a streak of 5 going into the Super Bowl where I changed my pick at the last second......and have struggled since. Have Rutgers over Seton Hall right now. I was supposed to go to this game too but had to cancel for something else which ended up getting cancelled. Rutgers better pull out this Big East win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Season 3 starts tomorrow. So if you have a streak going it will be reset tomorrow. If you want to join this now would be a good time. I mean what's the worst that could happen right? We're all sports fans here. Simple enough premise. Make 27 straight sports related predictions and win $1 million. No one won in season two. A guy did win in Season One.

http://streak.espn.go.com/

group EWB

pw ewb

Correction on my last post. They changed up the rules a little bit.

Top 7 longest Streaks from 4/1/09 - 12/6/09 will win $10,000 and a trip to Bristol to compete in a pickoff. The winner of the "pickoff" wins $1 Million bucks!

- Monthly $5,000 stunt events

More in this link. Sounds like fun to me. Top 7 is a pretty fair target.

For Day One I didn't pick Game 1 that they have up there....for obvious reasons.

Hadn't noticed this before but this is open to people outside the US too now.

ESPN Streak for Cash (the "Challenge") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., Mexico, United Kingdom, and Canada (excluding Quebec)
Edited by sahyder1

So in my first season of Streak for the Cash I finished 45-36-2 with a longest winning streak of 10 (which was what I started with) and longest losing streak of 6 (which was what I ended with). I had winning streaks of 5+ three times. I was 100% on NFL (predicted Super Bowl) and Golf (some random pick I made because I'd heard of Davis Love III and not the other guy :P). 0% on NCAA Basketball and Tennis (picked once in each). NHL .636, WBC .500, NBA .483, Soccer .474. I picked NBA games the most with 30.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're following the NFL Draft play along today as ESPN has bonus NFL draft picks today with a special prize just for today.

New season is under way by the way with new rules and runs until December. It is open to other countries too now. Check the rules.

• 8 months later...

Is there any advantage whatsoever to making a risky pick?

Except for possibly getting a game right that most people will stay away from....no. Large chunk of American population stays away from picking soccer games and ESPN throws them in just for that purpose trying to tempt you to make a pick and people like me end up taking the bait!

• 2 weeks later...