Record Players

Loonister

I assume you want to start with something cheap and work your way up?

If this is the case there are several considerations to take, what size the space you want it for is key... If it is just for your room you can get smaller speakers and therefore save money on them and you can decent turntable fairly cheaply.

I recently go a new set up where I started this way and spent most of my money on my Amp so I can then get hi-fi seperates to hook up should I want to hook up bass involvement and a seperate CD player (or a tape player:shifty: ).

The whole point of the set up I got was that I bottlenecked my system at the speakers (I got some good small cheaper ones) as I didn't need loudness and quality at the same time so I spent the money on quality so when I upgrade I will not need to spend a lot of money on upgrading the whole system at once. The best bet would be going into an independant dealer who has experience and telling them what you want and they can then recommend a decent set-up for your needs and then you can shop around for prices. Oh and I would recommend good speaker wires they can make a big difference.

Not sure where you are from and whether or not they have yard sales/flea markets/antique shops, or whatever. But if you want something cheap, go to places that sell second hand goods at cheap prices and pick one up. I got a record player for 4$, works like a charm and has lasted me five years.