EWB Fantasy Premier League

Lord Nibbler

I was more wondering why metalman picked Cech in goal when he's suspended and Owen up front when he's injured. But yeah, picking Noel Whelan out of nowhere is random. Maybe I'll put Jeff Kenna in next week.

I've picked Alex a few times despite not expecting him to play, If he does make an appearance then he'll likely do alright, if not then the sub kicks in.

Noel Whelan should still be a premier league player dammit! He's as good now as he ever was, which tells you a lot.

Edited by hackerjack

I've done that sometimes too, but often I find its better to get the 2 points for a guaranteed starter and possible clean sheet bonuses for playing the 60+ mins if they're a defender or having more time to set up an assist/goal if they are an attacker. Still, it's a tactical decision that may backfire or be beneficial. I do sometimes do it with Kalou though since my only starting AM is Stephen Hunt! I ended up doing it for Stanislas this week (I knew he wasn't gonna start) purely because I didn't expect Bent to score against Man U and hoped he might get a goal against Fulham instead, or even Hunt against Wigan.

Still, I doubt Noel Whelan was gonna play. :P

Now let's hope for some goals tonight and for Wayne Bridge to stay at left back and not get involved in any of them. >_>

Quick question:

Say some people don't fill their squads by the deadline and have free spaces. Come the winter transfer window, say Man City splash out on another world class player, they can freely bid for him because they've got spaces in their squad. Will those of us with full squads be allowed to bid for him too and should be be successful then release someone to accommodate him? It would be a bit unfair if we had to release someone beforehand to free up the space, then bid for him and not get him and be one man down because of it.

I understand if we release players then we don't get the money back that we paid for them, but I released Begovic that I paid £1m for and that £1m has been taken off my remaining cash when I released him. But that £1m would've come off when I bought him, so now it's like I've lost £2m if you see what I mean. Is that the way it's supposed to work or have I got it wrong?

I understand if we release players then we don't get the money back that we paid for them, but I released Begovic that I paid £1m for and that £1m has been taken off my remaining cash when I released him. But that £1m would've come off when I bought him, so now it's like I've lost £2m if you see what I mean. Is that the way it's supposed to work or have I got it wrong?

You bought Begovic for £1m, then you released him and bought Martin Petrov else for £1m, yes? So you have lost £2m.