Muralitharan reaches 503

sahyder1

Warne is 11th on the ODI list with 293.....which actually leads me to #12 on the list Saqlain Mushtaq. It's a shame how badly his career was mishandled by Pakistan....He'd should easily be in the top 5.

I liked Saqlain, but he blew his chances when he was recalled for that Indian series and played terribly. Last I heard, he was trying to qualify for England. :lol: But I agree that he would've been better to persist with than, say, Danish Kaneria in ODIs at least. For now, though, Afridi does the job for Pakistan and has the added bonus of 1/10 of his knocks being awesome.

Warne is 11th on the ODI list with 293.....which actually leads me to #12 on the list Saqlain Mushtaq. It's a shame how badly his career was mishandled by Pakistan....He'd should easily be in the top 5.

I liked Saqlain, but he blew his chances when he was recalled for that Indian series and played terribly. Last I heard, he was trying to qualify for England. :lol: But I agree that he would've been better to persist with than, say, Danish Kaneria in ODIs at least. For now, though, Afridi does the job for Pakistan and has the added bonus of 1/100 of his knocks being awesome.

There you go :)

Murali is a good bowler yes, but is the best spin bowler who deserves the test record for most wickets.. HELL NO!

think about it how many times do Sri Lanka play a second rate test team like Bangaldesh compared to Australia. Most of his wickets have been taken against struggling teams, unlike Warney who dominated every country that Australia toured to or that toured Australia.

ODI's are probably very similar but 500 wickets is a great acheivement.

Murali is a good bowler yes, but is the best spin bowler who deserves the test record for most wickets.. HELL NO!

think about it how many times do Sri Lanka play a second rate test team like Bangaldesh compared to Australia. Most of his wickets have been taken against struggling teams, unlike Warney who dominated every country that Australia toured to or that toured Australia.

ODI's are probably very similar but 500 wickets is a great acheivement.

Nonsense. Even if you take out all the wickets he has taken against Bangladesh he still has more then Warne(taking Warne's wickets against Bangladesh out too).....in 20 less tests no less. If you take out Bangladesh and Zimbabwe Warne does have 98 less wickets but in 42 less tests. Safe to say with the pace he's taken wickets at throughout his career Murali would cover that.

But how many times did Murali face England and Australia, not to mention the whole 'chucking' debacle.

I think Warne is the greatest test spin bowler of all time and I don't even like him as a person. He is many lengths above Murali in terms of spinning, but I will give credit where credit is due, Murali is a good spinner and i will congratulate him on getting another record.

Murali's #s vs each Country

Warne's #s vs each country.

He's played so many less test matches then Warne.....to me Murali is clear #1. Yes, Warne got a ton of wickets but he benefited from playing as many tests as he did....and getting to play test matches on a consistent basis these days when there are fewer and fewer test matches.

New Zealand def. Australia and goes 2-0

I think it's safe to say that the era of Australian dominance is over.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but, I'm a Kiwi, and I needed to find somewhere to gloat.

About time, Even though I was born here, I hate it when Australia dominates everything.

Underdogs for the win.

Although Well done to Murali I unfortunately don't like him as a player. No doubt he is one of the nicest people within cricket and even the entire sporting world part of me always wounders wether if he had a "Normal" Action would he be any where near as good as he is. I can't stand his action and feel that it does allow him to bowl much better than other players. Not nocking the bloke as I said he is one of the nicest people in sport but I will never be a huge personal fan of his within the cricketing world. Great to see a topic cricket related by the way seen as this is my sport :D

I don't understand why people have a problem with Murali's technique, it's not making it easier for himself or anything (believe me, it isn't) - its just another style of playing. Ditto to Pieterson's switch shot. To me it's like saying a footballer can't backheel the ball or something.