Stuff For a Long Journey.

K

I highly recommend the first season of The Inbetweeners. Only 6 episodes, yet it's become one of my favourite shows ever.

Fuck, yes, good call. I saw thirty seconds of this while I was drunk over the weekend and it was awesome, completely forgot about it until you mentioned it.

How much are those rechargeable battery packs to buy? There's an Archos in my work at the moment down in price because it's an older model and I'm thinking of picking it up but wanna get some of those packs for it too.

£35.

It's brilliant, it doubles the battery life, adds AC charging support (which cuts charge time down to about a sixth of what it would normally), comes with two USB ports, and best of all you can attach AV cables to it and output whatever you're watching to your television.

Yeah, Archos 605 Wifi, there are newer models out now so definitely do some shopping around. I don't know what to tell you about that website that said it doesn't play AVIs?

movies.gif

That's the movies folder I have on mine at the moment, and i've watched them all on journeys before absolutely fine. (Watched Eurotrip on my way to Bristol on friday)

I mean, i'll be honest and say it occasionally kicks off if you try and play something created with a really obscure codec, and out of the box it doesn't like 5.1 surround, but if you have either of those two problems you can either pay the money for the codec pack from Archos which plays everything, or be a tight arse like me and run it through SUPER to re-encode it. I think out of the 22 movies in that screenshot, I had to re-encode Blade 3, and that was it.