Slumdog Millionaire

sahyder1

Slumdog Millionaire  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate it?

2. 2. Worthy of Best Picture?

• Yes
    • No

the way they racked up last night, this movie better be the best thing on film since Citizen Kane.

What's funny is that Citizen Kane, widely considered to be the best film ever made, didn't do shit at the Oscars. It won like one award that it was nominated for, and it didn't take Best Picture.

I liked the movie and the story but the Indians have to learn - stop throwing in a dance sequence when it is not needed!

The ending dance sequence was uncalled for.

But was awesome.

And I must say, "Paper Planes" is quite the odd kind of song in that its included in Pineapple Express and this movie, weird.

I liked the movie and the story but the Indians have to learn - stop throwing in a dance sequence when it is not needed!

The ending dance sequence was uncalled for.

But was awesome.

And I must say, "Paper Planes" is quite the odd kind of song in that its included in Pineapple Express and this movie, weird.

It's not actually in Pineapple Express, is it? I think that it was just used in the trailer.

Saw it last night and gave it 9/10.

Everyone seemed to be telling me that it was a really happy move to watch etc. I don't know how they came to that conclusion? Maybe because of the ending alone but the actual film was a gritty one that showed how tough life in India is. I really did not know about the things that go on there and it was a real eye opener. As others have said the narrative was perfection with the tying in of his life experiences to the answers of the questions. Also there were some really horrible moments in the film such as the death of his mother and the sudden attack they endured and the blinding of the child and then later seeing him again. Certainly ot the feel good movie my friends made it out to be but nonetheless an excellent movie.

Guest Mr. Plow

Just saw it, very impressed.

It was dragging a bit at the beginning and I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it, but it really picked up around the time Jamal hit puberty in the flashbacks.

I don't know how I was able to not care that the questions were coincidentally all related to his life (or for that matter that the show wasn't pretaped), but that didn't bother me as I was watching. Storyline was excellent, acting was passable but nothing extraordinary, music was good.

My one criticism of it is the way in which they're all fluent in English when they grow up and have also sort of entered middle class life. For example I can't believe that people from the slums can go on to be coffee boys at call centres. It just doesn't seem like people would have the mobility to move up through the class system but obviously I don't know if that is possible or not.

He wasn't a salesman. He was working there giving people tea. He knew enough to get by. Finding english speaking in the subcontinent isn't that hard considering the British influence that existed there. Plus it is shown in the movie that he went to a school where he was lessning English.

In the subcontinent the people who serve tea in offices,work as guards,janitors etc. all tend to come from slums.

It was a stretch believing they can speak fluent english like they could but it was just a minor detail for me, I really enjoyed the movie and the ending was a great moment.