Suikoden

Captain Kirk

II is my favorite game ever. Seasoned RPGer's who go find an emulator and play it now might not appreciate it, but it was one of the first RPGs I ever really played besided FF7, and the first one I completed. The story is wonderful, I still fondly remember all the twists and turns and the sense of closure it finally rewards you if you go and look for it.

Plenty of memorable characters, plenty of fun side quests to participate in and a great story that evolves over time. Yay Suikoden and I'm ecstatic the next one is coming out for DS, which I didn't learn about untill after I bought a DS.

The great part of 2 is its very much a true sequel to 1, but you don't even have to play 1 to love 2. Suikoden 2 does a great job of letting players in on the nessicary background info, while still being its own story. So you could beat 2 first, then go back and play 1 and treat it as an awesome prequel.

Edited by Maxx Is Awesome Teammate

I'd have to say Suikoden 2 for me. It's the game that got me hooked into the entire series. Not only was the storyline great, I liked the soundtrack as well.

I fondly remember the cook-off challenges, the flying squirells, and that kobold who loves to call himself in the third person.

It's funny that the post above me mentioned it, but yes, I have played Suikoden 2 yet again in a PSX emulator just a month ago. Currently witholding playing of Suikoden 2 due to studies and other things.