New KISS Album In The Works!

BuddyAwesome

This was posted on their official website on the 13th and I just noticed it... SHOCKED it took me so long to see!

NEW ALBUM - "CLASSIC '70's ROCK & ROLL VIBE"

The first studio album from Kiss in more than a decade will include songs “about the obvious things,” says bassist-singer Gene Simmons, citing titles such as “Rotten To The Core.” “No secret to life, no political messaging, nothing like that,” he says of the lyrics.

As previously reported, Simmons confirms Kiss’ first album since 1998’s Psycho Circus will be produced by singer-guitarist Paul Stanley. “I don’t have enough time to tie my shoelaces and there’s nobody else I trust more than Paul,” says Simmons, who’s currently in Toronto to find three Canadian acts to sign to his recently resurrected Simmons Records, for which he has partnered with Universal Music Canada and businesswoman/former politician Belinda Stronach.

While he juggles all his other projects and pursuits, the band is also in the studio. The songs are all written, Simmons says. “There’s nothing to prove to anybody. We’re not interested in musical trends or anything else. We’re too long in the tooth for that. So it’s going to be sort of a classic ’70s rock & roll vibe. Meat and potatoes. You know, sometimes you just want to go out and have a meat and potatoes thing [and] forget the French dressing.”

Kiss — Simmons, Stanley, guitarist Tommy Thayer and drummer Eric Singer — will also continue touring for its 35th (now 37th) anniversary, beginning in South America in Santiago, Chile. Last year, the Kiss Alive/35 World Tour hit Europe, U.K., Australia, New Zealand and a few U.S. cities

I for one could not be happier.

The Band is overrated. Very overrated.

General public only really knows KISS because of the abundance of merchandise and entertainment endeavors.

Most people will tell you that KISS is an overrated band... but if most people say that, aren't they actually wrong? I mean, if everybody thinks a band is overrated, then who exactly are the people putting them up on a pedestal?

I don't think anyone, not even the KISS Army, has any delusions about them being some ridiculously awesome band. They're just fun.

I very strongly agree with Gabriel and could not have worded it better myself. I consider myself a very, very loyal KISS fan, and I do have a KISS Army ID card because, well, it was THERE and hard to pass up when we were drunk! But anyway, no, they're not the most talented band in the world, they never claimed to be. What they do claim is that when they are on stage, there is no other show. On stage, nobody's better. They set the stage for what rock and roll, and music shows in general have come to be. And in the end, they're a whole lot of fun.