NFL Mini-Camp Thread

I think it was Sycodmn who started this thread back at EWB 3. But it's not here so iv'e decided to start it up again.

Anyway my team the Bills. It's reported that J.P Losman and Lee Evans are doing great in camp and should make at least some sort of impact on the Bills season. The defense is great as usual with Second year Bill Takeo Spikes being the most impressive. Anywho, how are your teams doing.?

I don't know how Philly or Tenn is doing. Those are my teams. But I did see on ATH they were talking about Manning(Eli) and he did somewhat shitty when the vets and media was around. But I guess he did well when they were gone though so that's good. It's gonna be interesting to see how he does under the NY spotlight when the season starts.

By all accounts, Cowboy's camp is going pretty well, which should be expected from a Bill Parcell's run group. Apparently Julius Jones is Parcell's new waterboy, but is also being looked at at the probably Day 1 starter. Heck, couldn't do much worse than Hambrick I guess. And Quincy Carter has been given a few things to specifically focus on (thought I didn't read where it said exactly what) so hopefully he'll improve. Although the talk is still that Vinny Testaverde might be brought in to be a veteran back-up, just in case.

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

about the Bills, i would just like to add that every player showed up for camp. All the vetern's even showed up for Rookie Camp.

Guest Pulp

The Brown's first pick Kellen Winslow II is showed much intensity. He got into it with a few of the linebackers. I think he will be Jeff Garcia's #1 target, as Garcia dosen't have a strong arm and will look for short dump offs to the TE.

He could be the Browns 2nd Pro Bowler since returning in '99. (Jamir Miller was the other)

Also, Gerrard Warren or "Big Money" has changed his number from 94 to 61. It was the number he wore in high school and college. He came in to camp 10 pounds lighter than last year, and wants to achieve greatness. Maybe now Big Money can prove he was worth the 3rd overall in 2001.

Hopefully the Browns can go 9-7 this year and sneak into the playoffs.

Guest Pulp

9-7 ain't gonna get you into the playoffs in the AFC this year. Unless you win the AFC North with that record, which is possible.

Well, the AFC and NFC Norths were the weakest divisions last year IMO, and the NFC North teams have improved dramatically.

In the NFC North teams have drastically improved however, with the Lions snagged Roy Williams and Kevin Jones, the Bears have Lovie Smith to run the show, the Vikings were underachievers last year, and added some more defense this year, and the Packers have Bret Farve who led the league in TDs last year, AGAIN.

This off season in the non-Cleveland AFC North has been rather week.

The Steelers drafted Rothlisberger, who will not even start this year. And their biggest free agent signings were Deuce Staley and Gardocki. Staley will be another average running back in the Pittsburgh backfield and will undoubtably share carries with the "Bus" Jerome Bettis.

The Bengals have decided to start Carson Palmer over Jon Kitna, and IMO this is a step back rather than forward. If Kitna was playing good, he shouldn't have to sit the bench. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. The Bengals had a rather bad draft IMO(Chris Perry could have been drafted in the 2nd Round) and lost Corey Dillon. The Bengals might match 8-8 this year, but I see them doing no better.

The Ravens let TO slide through the cracks, and Ray Lewis is on the cover of Madden. Their could be a QB controversy this year with Boller and Wright. Jamal Lewis is having off field problems. The Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC North this year, but they may be easier to beat than last year.

and Finally...

The Cleveland Browns have added quite possibly the greatest TE prospect ever to their team in KW2. Garcia has some miles on him, but he is the best QB to come through Cleveland since the rebirth in '99. The OL is still a question, and Dave Campo had the D playing well last year.

The AFC North could very well be the tightest division in football this year, and maybe JUST maybe the Browns could get the the playoffs.

[/browns Fan Biased]

Yup, you are clearly a Browns fan.

I doubt that Winslow will be in training camp on the first day, hell, the first week. Garcia's not that good, and you really think you had a good D when it allowed the most yards rushing ever in a game?

Baltimore will win that division the way they always win, with defense. Cincy will come in second, Cleveland third, and Pitt last, but next year Pitt will be a lot better.

Thats just my take. I'm a Raider fan, so...

Heh, your team sucks, just like Typical Phenom's team.

Oakland is trying to get CWood into camp, but we can't negotiate until June 15, so...

Low blow, I wasn't paying attention. Who cares that we had a mediocre draft and didn't really address any of our needs? The Chiefs will still.....sell out at least. :(

And Sabu, as far as Denver goes, from what I've seen and I've only had a chance to see a couple sessions, Al Wilson looks like he's stepped up his workout a notch or two because he's completely ripped. Team doesn't look too bad. Portis won't be such a huge loss.

• 7 years later...