Southampton Relegated

Baddar

Actually, I suppose that's not a bad idea as the team still receives the punishment in the end. As it is, I can't see them getting out of the bottom three at this stage anyway but the deadline system could be ok if it worked that way.

EDIT: And it's not like League One is the end of the world. Plenty former Premiership teams have been down there-Leicester, Leeds, Oldham & Swindon are all there now, Bradford a league lower. It's not the end of the world, if they can get the right people in charge they can come back, so long as the club stays in business.

Edited by 1PWCorino

The thing with docking points at the end of next season you'd have teams complaining that they were only relegated because the other team didn't have points knocked off them in the season the offence was committed and then we'd have the whole Tevez/West Ham/Sheffield United incident all over again.

This system is the most fair and if the only argument is "they lose either way", then that's the idea, they're getting punished.

Yeah I think the punishment system is about as fair as it can be, although IMO it doesn't come down harshly enough on the actual individuals involved in taking a club into administration. Our chairman just put us into admin to wipe some of his debts, yet he gets off scott free while the club is punished. I agree with punishing the club, but punish the chairman as well by banning him from football for life.