British & Irish Lions Tour 2009 Thread

MGW

Figured we needed a place to discuss the Tour.

Watched the game against Royal XV today. Lions were well off the pace. Blair was awful at Scrum Half, he was ponderous and his passing from the breakdown was crap. The team was much better when Phillips came on.

Not entirley convinced with O'Connell's performance as Captain, didnt seem to try and lead from the front or lift the players much. Hopfully they improve fast or South Africa will obliterate them in the test matches

• 4 weeks later...

Wow i thoguht this thread would of had more replies, i feel sick to my stomach after watching the last 15 minutes of today's match, The Lions 4 best players left the field injured and South Africa ran riot from then on in, although it took a very bad mistake from O'Gara to gift them the series, I had a good feeling about today all week then the game reached 65 minutes and the rest was history. Well Done to South Africa they are worthy World Champions