The Hockey Thread

Clawson

I'm surprised he didn't become a ranger... for the 3rd time.

Sjostrom to the flames.

Edited by thisgamewelose

Jason Lababera signs a 2 year deal for an unannounced amount of money with the Phoenix Coyotes to back up and push Ilya Bryzgalov, who struggled at times last season.

Also, the Oilers are personally meeting with Heatley. If he doesn't agree to the deal within an hour, then he will officially become the biggest douchebag in hockey. Seriously, what a fucking baby.

Martin Havlat from Chicago to Minnesota

Brian Gionta from NJ to Montreal

Ottawa resigned Chris Neil

John Madden from NJ to Chicago

Scott Niedermayer stayed with Anahein

So Gionta and gomez reunited, eh? See if they can find that magic that got gionta 40+goals. (48?)

If I'm Bryan Murray, I'm looking into NHLPA rules and NHL rules to see if there's some way he can just get the fucker's contract off the books, not pay him anything, and make it so that Heatley can't play in North America until his contract would have run out.

Seriously... the guy handcuffs his team, acts completely unprofessional, and then fucks them over again by doing this? I understand that people have issues with personnel and that needs to be taken care of, but it should have been handled quietly. As far as I'm concerned, this guy doesn't deserve to be in the NHL. Send him to Russia and let Philadelphia find a way to bring him back in a year.

According to media reports, Heatley had given Murray a list of teams he would go to -- and Edmonton was not one of them. Sun Media reported the New York Rangers, San Jose, Boston, Vancouver, Los Angeles, Detroit, Calgary and Chicago were on the list -- but Edmonton was not. Many of the teams to which Heatley would have accepted a deal are tight against the salary cap and not likely to have the flexibility to take on Heatley's contract, which reportedly has five years and $37.5 million remaining.

I'm sure murray is going to want more for Heatley now that there's a 4 mil bonus in effect, but I think he's going to have to except just about anything offered to him...considering heatley accepts.

Heatley has the no movement, but at the same time, surely he's done something in these proceedings to break something in his contract? There's gotta be something in the contract that says that he can't just go to the media and say "I want out".

Murray should talk to Melnyk and see what options he has, because if it's me... I bury Heatley in Binghamton, eat his contract and acquire one or two guys to fill his spot.

I wouldn't even play him in Binghamton. Just make him get fat and out of shape with no play. Make this dick move the end of his career.

If he's broken his contract in any way, the Ottawa Senators should have lawyers good enough to bury Heatley in so much shit he won't play hockey for at least five years while he tries to find his way out.

and honestly, no matter how good he is, he's not going to give 100% if you make him play with the team, and you're not going to get what you should in a trade for him, because he's buttfucked you so badly... so really, the only logical course of action is to fuck him back, twice as hard.

Heatley rejects the trade...yet Eklund reports it's official - the trade goes through.

What does that say about Eklund's credibility? >_<

It can't say anything about his credibility because he has none whatsoever.

I like the moves by Burke today. With Komisarek and Exelby, we now have an excellent defence that will not be pushed around which also helps the penalty kill. With those two and Schenn, Finger, White and Kaberle, we have 5 good players back their. Is Van Ryn returning? If he can be healthy, we will be very well off.

Colton Orr gives us the true enforcer we have lacked. I'd like to see more skill added, but if it doesn't happen, at least we will be a hard team to play against.

In goal, the hope is that Toskala is healthy when the season starts. If we can get Gustavson, he may lighten the load and possibly be the next starter, if he delivers the goods.

I expect to see at least one more player signed. I think moving Kubina means Kaberle is staying.

I like what Bob picked up. It doesn't address the size issue up front but we did acquire a lot of skill. I'm angry that Komisarek went to the Leafs but with the kind of leadership he brings I think this decision was made because he wanted to be the number 1 guy on the back end and Toronto fits that bill for him. Now he's the go to guy and Burke can build a back end with him as the anchor.

I like picking up Spacek, I'm not sure about Gill mostly because I remember him as a pylon from his days in Toronto. Our back end I think will be much better this year with Markov being one of the best puck movers in the East, Spacek gives us a number 2 points guy on the point while Hamrlik, Gorges and Gill can play shut down. We'll likely see the emergence of Weber and Subban as well. I think were stronger on the back this year than last.

Up front I'm going to wait and see on Gomez. I'm thrilled about the smart move to bring in Gionta to plY with him, plus he's a great scorer. Cammelari I'm happy about but I know he played with iggy last year so well have to see what he can do playing with lesser guys. I think that while we didn't address size we did upgrade on skill. That being said I'd love it if we could keep Tanguay and maybe Kovy as it would give up 2 excellent forward lines.

I'm devistated that Koivu is leaving. I understand that while he's the heart of the team, he's also represented the failuresnof the club over the last 15 years, but it's going to kill me to see him in another teams jersey. I suppose thatbthe team needed a major shake up but no one means more to the team or the fans...

Also I believe it's safe to suggest that the trash that is grabovski will not be the most loudly booed player at the Bell when the Leafs visit this year.

I like what Bob picked up. It doesn't address the size issue up front but we did acquire a lot of skill. I'm angry that Komisarek went to the Leafs but with the kind of leadership he brings I think this decision was made because he wanted to be the number 1 guy on the back end and Toronto fits that bill for him. Now he's the go to guy and Burke can build a back end with him as the anchor.

I like picking up Spacek, I'm not sure about Gill mostly because I remember him as a pylon from his days in Toronto. Our back end I think will be much better this year with Markov being one of the best puck movers in the East, Spacek gives us a number 2 points guy on the point while Hamrlik, Gorges and Gill can play shut down. We'll likely see the emergence of Weber and Subban as well. I think were stronger on the back this year than last.

Up front I'm going to wait and see on Gomez. I'm thrilled about the smart move to bring in Gionta to plY with him, plus he's a great scorer. Cammelari I'm happy about but I know he played with iggy last year so well have to see what he can do playing with lesser guys. I think that while we didn't address size we did upgrade on skill. That being said I'd love it if we could keep Tanguay and maybe Kovy as it would give up 2 excellent forward lines.

I'm devistated that Koivu is leaving. I understand that while he's the heart of the team, he's also represented the failuresnof the club over the last 15 years, but it's going to kill me to see him in another teams jersey. I suppose thatbthe team needed a major shake up but no one means more to the team or the fans...

Also I believe it's safe to suggest that the trash that is grabovski will not be the most loudly booed player at the Bell when the Leafs visit this year.

Your team is going to look so different next year. It's going to be fun to watch how this team gels. Gainey didn't hand out any stupid contracts, so I like what he has done for your team.

Gill may be slow, but he is a very smart defenceman. He isn't very physical for a player his size, but he is very good at keeping players to the outside and uses his pokecheck well. On 5 on 3 penalty kills, Hal Gill will make a huge difference for your team. He can stop any attempts at the cross crease pass all by himself. And remember that he just won the Stanley Cup.

Losing Komisarek is a blow, but the signings of Spacek and Gill soften it. Your defence will be more skilled with Spacek in the fold.

Antropov has signed a four year deal worth $16 million with the Thrashers.

Adrian Aucoin signed a one year deal with Phoenix. His booming shot will be a huge addition to the powerplay, and his experience will be a great asset to the young team. I think it's a tremendous fit.

The Maple Leafs have also locked up Mikhail Grabovski, for what I believe was three years at $2.6 per, or something like that. Not bad for a guy who scored 20 last year, and has the potential to be a 50 goal guy, if he ever gets his head on properly.

Which is basically what I was implying. :shifty:

I like what Burke did yesterday. I really feel that Free Agency was Burke's first true mark on this team. Our defense was horrid last season...so he went out and fixed it. I'll be interested in seeing how well our defense shuts down opposing teams next season.

As far as our arch rivals in Montreal go...the issue I can see coming up is the lack of size on the team. There's really not a lot of big bodies on the team from what I can tell. Lot's of skill though...so maybe that will help make up for the lack of size and strength.

Which is basically what I was implying. :shifty:

I like what Burke did yesterday. I really feel that Free Agency was Burke's first true mark on this team. Our defense was horrid last season...so he went out and fixed it. I'll be interested in seeing how well our defense shuts down opposing teams next season.

As far as our arch rivals in Montreal go...the issue I can see coming up is the lack of size on the team. There's really not a lot of big bodies on the team from what I can tell. Lot's of skill though...so maybe that will help make up for the lack of size and strength.

Honestly, it appears to me that Bob Gainey is going the New York route with things, and just picking up the best players that he can, instead of trying to build a team. Burke, on the other hand, has a clear vision of what he wants, and he's putting a team together. Not only are these two teams long hated rivals now... but they're also being built on two completely opposing philosophies. That will make the six games next season even more fun to watch.