The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Holy fuck Colorado!

Andy kept us in it in the first. Loved Liles' goal, spot on. Some dubious non-calls though, Galliardi nearly had his head taken off by a vicious high-stick in the first.

No one else has a right to complain about missed calls after http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFibYw6_ZAQ.

So Oveckkin was held to 0 shots for only the 2nd time in 83 games. After a shitty first period, Montreal dominated the flow of game and while they took 10 less shots, they had far more scoring chances.

Spacek broke up a 3 on 1 in OT with Backstrom, Semin and Ovechkin... Wow!

Pleckanec scores the OT winner on Jose Three-or-more officially backing up his words from before the series started (Pleks said that Montreal's one advantage is in nets, it's not like Theo is Miller or Brodeur).

Game one was an amazing display of the most exciting hockey I've watched all year. Especially the way the two teams traded rushes in OT.

Scott Gomez went end to end on a give and go with Gionta for the prettiest goal of the night.

Ovechkin was a total non factor last night, and his lack of back checking directly led to the tying and winning goals by Montreal...

Game 1 was great, but I still think Montreal goes down in 5 or 6 at most.

Also I'm loving that Pleks is being Called Tomas Jagr and Jaromir Pleks this morning... Apparently in the dressing room last night he was #68 on the whiteboard. (this stems from Theo's reply to his comments that he's no Jagr.)

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

Real excited for the game tonight, great first period to watch.

I was kinda ticked in game 2. If I thought Montreal was gonna win the series I would be livid, but goals 3 and 4 by Washington were blatant goalie interference. I saw it, the fans saw it, the panel on TSN saw it, Sportsnet commented on it, it's not me being a homer, it's 2 blown calls to even the game for Washington... irks me.

Then again, it would push it from 5 to 6 games, so it's not the end of the world.

Watching that first period... there is no arena more wild than the Bell Center.... Fact.

J-Quick hardly won that game since he let in 4 goals. :P