The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Plubby, try visiting a country that actually has ice, then talk to me about what constitutes regular motion of a skate when a player is skating and what constitutes a kick.

Clawson is sadly right. It was a goal that should stand but by the wording of the rule, doesn't.

Still, Quick let it in. :P

He clearly thought he had Plekanec lined up for a massive hit, and then realized that even he isn't that short.

Its an Ovechkin pre-game tradition. He always snows the boards there and then sits on the bench. Either way, its a Hab fan so it isn't like the kid is capable of emotion or self-thought.

Edited by Clawson

Double post, but something I just related to SDM on msn:

My favourite part of the playoffs is where plekanec said that "it's not like we're facing brodeur", yet the habs goalies have combined for .887 and .898 save percentages, and brodeur himself can only muster .881. Also varlamov has a .920 save %, and theo STILL hasn't been beaten in regulation in like 30 games. Way to go, pleks.

What actually happened there with Ovechkin is he was about to run over a cord for either a mic or camera, and rather than ruin the equipment, snowed the kid. Shit the kid probably got a kick out of it, but yeah the Gazette website has photos and video to show he wasn't being a total dick haha.

Well at least they won't be the first team out. Asides from game 3, Montreal spent long spans of the series in pretty good control of the games. The only issue is that if you don't get a couple goals up and then keep the pressure, you're fucked. I would use game 2 as an example, as Wasnington's pressure was there, but 2 goals were bunk :P

But it seems that in games 2 and 4 it was a span of a few minutes of less than amazing shut down hockey against Washington where they'd pop in 3 and oh shit, suddenly it's over.

Still though, I have to say that I'm betting nobody thought Montreal would even show up to these games, let alone make Washington look not so great for good chunks of the game... if Montreal could shut down AO and co. for 30-40 min of a game, imagine Philly or Pittsburgh.

Oh yeah, also, just cause I need to say it. Down 3-1, no team is more successful than the Habs (ask Boston), so in the face of all logic and reason, especially considering Spacek is out tonight and he's been Kryptonite at times for AO...

YOU GOTSTA BEEEELLLLLIIIIIIEEEEEEVVVVVEEEEE!!!!!

Also Plub, Pleks was clearly making reference to the fact that Theo is like the Sharks in the playoffs, and Varlamov isn't really a goalie you talk about as a top tier guy. In relation to regular season stats (which is where the question came from, as people gave Montreal the edge in nets going in), Halak's numbers in GAA were top 10 in the league, and his Save % was 4th.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

Great game from Montreal. There will be a game 6, but we suck at home for some reason so it'll end on Monday...

For all the flak the Habs goalies get... I'm just throwing this out there, but for all the 'high glove side' shit Price gets, Varlamov's blocker side is about as good as a Midget AAA goalie. His glove is unbelievable, but I think 80% of the Habs goals have been blocker side, he's just slow.