The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Actually they said at the end of the game. Flyers are the 6th team to go from down 3 to force a game 7..and could be the 3rd team to win

Actually they said at the end of the game. Flyers are the 6th team to go from down 3 to force a game 7..and could be the 3rd team to win

Also just read that they are the first team since the '75 Islanders to force a game 7 after being down 3-0.

I don't normally come in here often as I'm not as big a hockey fan as my fellow Australian is.

However, To say that this is now the place where both of the NHL's golden boys have an early tee time.

It's just bloody wonderful :D, My boys had a Cinderella run from 8th seed last year but fell in the Conference finals. I'd like nothing more than to see the Habs go all the way this year.

Yeah, those aren't hockey fans who start looting, they're just opportunistic morons. Although apparently before the looting started, there was a scene which turned ugly as the police were starting to funnel people out of the middle of the streets(which they've done for most games after a few hours of celebrating), apparently one girl tripped and the police just laid into her to get her moving again, the crowd saw it, and turned on the police... That... I have to say... I kind of agree with, knowing how reckless and brutal Montreal cops often are.

But the looting... I mean, it happened late in the night as fans were leaving, it really wasn't a case of hockey fans going overboard, it was fucking idiots making Montreal look bad.

Also, thought this was interesting...

The 3 Vezina candidates, Miller, Brodeur and Bryzgalov have all been watching the playoffs for a while now, but Halak, Niemi and Nabakov, two ninth round picks and an undrafted goalie, are in the final four.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

So I just saw video of the looting... it's just a bunch of gangster looking kids going nuts on it. There are a few habs jerseys sparsed inbetween.... the only defining features of the looters is that based on the video, they're predominantly black... I dunno... it just doesn't seem like Habs fans, for a city decked out in bleu blanc et rouge, to have entire mobs void of habs jerseys... it doesn't say Habs fans to me. I'm sure some took part, but I don't think it's fair to blanket the city on this one.. other times maybe haha..

I wonder who I'd rather have the Habs face.... The Bruins are manageable in terms of talent and size, but have a goalie who is capable of being as good as Halak which would be an issue. Philly could probably smash us out of the building, but they have a goalie and injury issue that Montreal could easily take advantage of...

Either way, I don't think Montreal is supposed to win the series... but I'm very confused about what should and shouldn't happen....

I wonder who I'd rather have the Habs face.... The Bruins are manageable in terms of talent and size, but have a goalie who is capable of being as good as Halak which would be an issue. Philly could probably smash us out of the building, but they have a goalie and injury issue that Montreal could easily take advantage of...

Either way, I don't think Montreal is supposed to win the series... but I'm very confused about what should and shouldn't happen....

We've heard this twice now. I don't think they can be classed as underdogs anymore.

Destiny? Stop hiding behind "Someone else said", Basha...you honestly think it's destiny?

"My Friend" said you're a coward who is hiding behind "someone else's" opinion so that you aren't technically wrong :P