The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Plubby...

I'm using what many papers, TSN, Sportsnet, RDS, Bloggers etc have used to describe the Habs. A team seemingly controlled by destiny... every major sports network hasn't dubbed them this team, but has made the "destiny" connection what with the upsets and incredible goaltending.

Get off your high horse, just because you don't like me or the Habs doesn't make it me being a homer, sorry that I refered to the Habs, using a term that has been beaten to the ground about this team since game 5 of the Washington series.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

Why are you getting mad at me? My friend is the one who said it...unless you're admitting that every time you referenced "someone else's" opinion, you were actually giving us your own :P

I can easily see why Montreal fans would think their team is destined to win this year with the way they beat the two top teams in the East. Philly fans probably feel the same way after seeing their team win after being down 3 games to none.

I just think that Montreal's speed will be able to neutralize Philadelphia's size. Halak has been fantastic and I don't think the Philadelphia goaltending will be as strong.

Montreal should face Philly, because fuck Boston.

lol Boston.

I think Chicago/Montreal would be the best final, but I'm obviously wildly biased, but I do want an original 6 final. But Chicago would run show on the Habs.

I think that Philly is just a fast team as Montreal, but much more aggressive which will be bad for Montreal. The only saving grace is that Philly lacks the kind of goaltending that Halak is capable of providing/

I approve of the thread title change (Y)

I think Chicago/Montreal would be the best final, but I'm obviously wildly biased, but I do want an original 6 final. But Chicago would run show on the Habs.

I think that Philly is just a fast team as Montreal, but much more aggressive which will be bad for Montreal. The only saving grace is that Philly lacks the kind of goaltending that Halak is capable of providing/

Your right...our goalie has had over 100 minutes of shutout periods... (H)

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha, wonderful.

Also Let's Go Blackhawks!

Want to Rock, Want to Rock Want to Rock!

Also, something for the Canadians, and I swear every word of this is true: Tonight I had a presentation for a University Assignment - I introduced our consultancy team as having offices in "Sydney, Australia, London, England and Glendale, Arizona - but we're moving that one to Canada."

• Like 2

Well that was no fun. After the first goal, I thought Montreal played the rest of the first(about 15) min really well. Then the wheels came off. The stifling D and opportunistic forwards were nowhere to be seen, and Halak had his one game to show that he's human(he did that in Washington and Pittsburgh also... let's hope it's just a one game trend).

So... which Habs show up tomorrow? It could decide the series...

Love how dumb some people can be...

Marc-Antoine Godin of La Presse Tweets: "2 PHI fans yelled at TV guy 'go back home, you f@#$#& French-Canadian!' One had Briere jersey, the other a Gagné"

Also, the Montreal Gazette beat writers had their plates stolen and tires slashed because of their Quebec plates, it happened to 2 TV trucks with Quebec plates also...

Looks like every city has got a few morons...

Want to Rock, Want to Rock Want to Rock!

Also, something for the Canadians, and I swear every word of this is true: Tonight I had a presentation for a University Assignment - I introduced our consultancy team as having offices in "Sydney, Australia, London, England and Glendale, Arizona - but we're moving that one to Canada."

Winnipeg or Hamilton?

Also, Has a #1 seed ever faced off against an #8 seed for the Cup before?.

I can't recall this being addressed, I'd prefer it not to happen though.

Edmonton was the first number eight seed to make the Stanley Cup Final, and no one has done it since.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

That's a little misleading though, as I believe until the early 90s there was a sort of divisional playoff system, so no seedings as we think of them.

Well that was no fun. After the first goal, I thought Montreal played the rest of the first(about 15) min really well. Then the wheels came off. The stifling D and opportunistic forwards were nowhere to be seen, and Halak had his one game to show that he's human(he did that in Washington and Pittsburgh also... let's hope it's just a one game trend).

So... which Habs show up tomorrow? It could decide the series...

Love how dumb some people can be...

Marc-Antoine Godin of La Presse Tweets: "2 PHI fans yelled at TV guy 'go back home, you f@#$#& French-Canadian!' One had Briere jersey, the other a Gagné"

Also, the Montreal Gazette beat writers had their plates stolen and tires slashed because of their Quebec plates, it happened to 2 TV trucks with Quebec plates also...

Looks like every city has got a few morons...

Based on my observations, I am beginning to think that the majority of hockey fans are very stupid.